Xbox Remote Play on Steam Deck from a friends house possible?

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play on Steam Deck from a friends house possible? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to set up my steam deck so I can use Xbox Remote Play with my xbox on my wifi at home and my steam deck on my friends wifi at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mayorwest4pres, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Xbox Remote Play on Steam Deck from a friends house possible?

Hello,

Is there a way to set up my steam deck so I can use Xbox Remote Play with my xbox on my wifi at home and my steam deck on my friends wifi at his house? Thanks

:)

Mayorwest4pres, Feb 19, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Yes, it is possible to use Xbox Remote Play with your Xbox on your home WiFi network and Steam Deck on your friend's WiFi network, as long as both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection. Here are the general steps you can follow to set this up:

Set up Xbox Remote Play on your Xbox: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC and that your Xbox is updated with the latest software. Then, follow the steps to set up Xbox Remote Play on your Xbox by opening the Xbox app, clicking on the "Connection" tab, and selecting "Set up a new Xbox."

Connect your Xbox and Steam Deck to the respective WiFi networks: Ensure that both the Xbox and Steam Deck are connected to their respective WiFi networks. You may need to enter the network password if it is a new network.

Ensure that both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection: Make sure that both networks have a stable and reliable internet connection to ensure smooth gameplay.

Connect to your Xbox on the Steam Deck: Open the Xbox app on your Steam Deck and click on the "Connection" tab. Click on "Add a device" and follow the prompts to connect to your Xbox.

Once you have successfully connected your Steam Deck to your Xbox, you should be able to stream games from your Xbox to your Steam Deck over the internet
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You would have to install windows on Steam deck
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft Store and Steam Deck

That’s not possible except for Cloud Streaming. Steam Deck runs Linux, and the Xbox app doesn’t support PC streaming.

You’ll have to install Windows to play Windows Store games on Steam deck natively or stream using a third party solution from a Windows PC
  5. Mytha08 Win User

Can I remote play games from Xbox for PC on my steamdeck?

Xbox remote play is primarily designed for Xbox consoles to stream games to other devices like PCs, phones, and tablets. The Steam Deck, being a handheld gaming device running on a modified version of Linux with SteamOS, might not directly support Xbox remote play.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Can Starfield saves from Gamepass be copied to Steam?

The save file from Gamepass would not cross over to Steam. The work around to play on Steam deck would be to do so by accessing Gamepass on the Steam deck.
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play on Steam Deck from a friends house possible? - Similar Threads - Remote Play Steam

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  7. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  8. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  9. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  10. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...