Xbox remote play not working

Discus and support Xbox remote play not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have all green ticks in the remote play check My 4G signal is fine to play online, the online remote from the app works fine (I know because I’m... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dogconker, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Dogconker
    Dogconker Guest

I have all green ticks in the remote play check

My 4G signal is fine to play online, the online remote from the app works fine (I know because I’m using 4G in the same room as the console).

I used to have no problem at all connecting and playing remotely, then it just stopped, never been able yo connect again unless I connect via the router that the console is hard wired to, then it works fine but obviously that isn’t remote play.

I’ve tried everything anyone anywhere has suggested but just doesn’t work.

I keep getting “we have found your console but cannot connect” though it obviously has because the remote works.

Any help resolving this would be most appreciated

:)

Dogconker, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
  3. DaewooKim1 Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

If that doesn't help as well, then it is from the server's end and you'll just have to give it a few hours.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Remote Play Not Working For Xbox

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that the remote play feature on your Xbox is not working despite the recent update. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Check for console updates: Make sure your Xbox console is up-to-date. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "Updates" and check for any available updates.

Check for app updates: Go to your app store and check for any available updates for the Xbox app.

Restart your devices: Try restarting both your console and device that you're using for remote play.

Reset network settings: Go to "Settings" > "Network" > "Advanced settings" and reset your network settings.

Disable VPN: If you're using a VPN, try disabling it and see if that helps.

Check the Xbox Service Status: You can check the Xbox Live service status on the Xbox website to make sure that the service is up and running.
  6. MoltenDarkman Win User

that would be on Microsoft's end
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play not working - Similar Threads - remote play working

2. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  3. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  4. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  5. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  6. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  7. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  8. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  9. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  10. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...