Xbox Remote Play not working away from home

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play not working away from home in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Good morning It appears this has been an issue for a number of people for quite some time. I am trying to use the remote play feature. While at home,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NurseJ1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. NurseJ1
    NurseJ1 Guest

Good morning

It appears this has been an issue for a number of people for quite some time. I am trying to use the remote play feature. While at home, it works great. No issues, connect right away on iPhone or Xbox.

The problem is that when I actually try to play REMOTELY. Once I am off the same network as my Xbox, remote play no longer works.

I get the "Check your network connection. We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network." Followed by the green box of frustration.

Yes, I did EVERY step on the Troubleshoot page. Yes, I restarted the Xbox and my phone. Yes, I unplugged and restarted my Xbox. Yes, I have tried from 5G, other cellular, and other high-speed wi-fi networks. No, none of this has worked. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I removed consoles and reinstalled. This has been a major issue since the latest update.

:)

NurseJ1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. CKsjusd Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

All of the sudden I am now experiencing this issue. I have never had problems until today. I haven't tried in over a month. This sucks. Finally wrapped up what I am working on and have some time to play.
  3. BrighamHill Win User

Yea, mine is now intermittent. I will have to restart my Xbox when I get home.
  4. EyalEngel1 Win User

Same. Was able to remote play perfectly until the recent update to the app. Now I can't. My console is connected via Ethernet, as is my laptop at work. Speeds exceed 500MB on either end. I get a black screen that says "We found your console but can't connect. Try a different network".

I tested the remote play on my Wi-Fi (the same network the Xbox is connected to) last night, and it worked just fine. Seems like the recent update broke the ability to play games from other networks.
  5. BrighamHill Win User

I am having the same issue. It was giving me the use a different wifi/cell network page, now it just says it can't connect to my Xbox.
  6. XBF John Win User

If this works, please be sure to let us know and mark SwordofWhedon's post as the answer.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play not working away from home - Similar Threads - Remote Play working

2. Remote play doesn’t work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play doesn’t work.: Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro Max. It use to work on both phones but now only...
  3. Remote Play Doesn't Work in IOS 16

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote Play Doesn't Work in IOS 16: My iPhone running IOS 16 works great when using remote play from my Xbox series S (on the same Wi-Fi). However, if I am trying to use cellular 5G, it doesn’t work. I have tried everything and I...
  4. Xbox remote play for PC won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox remote play for PC won't work: When I try to connect to my Xbox Series S, my laptop keeps coming up with "Check your network connection. We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different WiFi or mobile network." I...
  5. Remote Play works on my home WiFi but nowhere else.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play works on my home WiFi but nowhere else.: Remote Play works on my home WiFi but nowhere else. I’ve tried with 2 different devices on 2 different cellular carriers. I’ve reset my Xbox, deleted my apps and still nothing. It used to work a...
  6. My xbox remote play works fine at home with 5Ghz internet, but az my GF-s house, where is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox remote play works fine at home with 5Ghz internet, but az my GF-s house, where is a...: At home with an arris router, it works fine, but at my other home, it doesnt. The picture is in hungarian language but i hope u understand the sitiation. It asks me to useother wifi. But my 5Ghz...
  7. Why doesn’t remote play work on iOS 16 ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t remote play work on iOS 16 ?: Remote play doesn’t work on iOS 16 ? Neither Xbox or apple seem to have a fix for this ? Only way seems to be downgrading iOS back to 15 which is a nightmare . Can anyone from Xbox help with...
  8. Remote play only works when I am home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play only works when I am home: As the title suggests, the remote feature on my Xbox Series X only works when I'm at home, on the same network. When I try away from home, I greeted with the "We found your console but can't...
  9. Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now.

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now.: Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro Max. It use to work on both phones but now only...
  10. Xbox remote play not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox remote play not working: I have all green ticks in the remote play check My 4G signal is fine to play online, the online remote from the app works fine (I know because I’m using 4G in the same room as the console). I...