Xbox Remote Play not working away from home

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play not working away from home in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Good morning It appears this has been an issue for a number of people for quite some time. I am trying to use the remote play feature. While at home,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NurseJ1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. NurseJ1
    NurseJ1 Guest

Good morning

It appears this has been an issue for a number of people for quite some time. I am trying to use the remote play feature. While at home, it works great. No issues, connect right away on iPhone or Xbox.

The problem is that when I actually try to play REMOTELY. Once I am off the same network as my Xbox, remote play no longer works.

I get the "Check your network connection. We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network." Followed by the green box of frustration.

Yes, I did EVERY step on the Troubleshoot page. Yes, I restarted the Xbox and my phone. Yes, I unplugged and restarted my Xbox. Yes, I have tried from 5G, other cellular, and other high-speed wi-fi networks. No, none of this has worked. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I removed consoles and reinstalled. This has been a major issue since the latest update.

:)

NurseJ1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. CKsjusd Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

All of the sudden I am now experiencing this issue. I have never had problems until today. I haven't tried in over a month. This sucks. Finally wrapped up what I am working on and have some time to play.
  3. BrighamHill Win User

Yea, mine is now intermittent. I will have to restart my Xbox when I get home.
  4. EyalEngel1 Win User

Same. Was able to remote play perfectly until the recent update to the app. Now I can't. My console is connected via Ethernet, as is my laptop at work. Speeds exceed 500MB on either end. I get a black screen that says "We found your console but can't connect. Try a different network".

I tested the remote play on my Wi-Fi (the same network the Xbox is connected to) last night, and it worked just fine. Seems like the recent update broke the ability to play games from other networks.
  5. BrighamHill Win User

I am having the same issue. It was giving me the use a different wifi/cell network page, now it just says it can't connect to my Xbox.
  6. XBF John Win User

If this works, please be sure to let us know and mark SwordofWhedon's post as the answer.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play not working away from home - Similar Threads - Remote Play working

2. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  3. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  4. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  5. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  6. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  7. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  8. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  9. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  10. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...