Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate?

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My concern is related directly to Xbox's Remote Play capabilities. I've searched throughout the site for solutions to improve the usability of Remote... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustManty, Apr 2, 2023.

1. JustManty
    JustManty Guest

My concern is related directly to Xbox's Remote Play capabilities. I've searched throughout the site for solutions to improve the usability of Remote Play, but all I've found has been feedback stating that it is not possible.

Is there really no way to increase the resolution? Even to a minimally acceptable 1080p? The average consumer TV and computer monitor supports 4K and developers are developing games with this in mind. It cannot be true that Remote Play is expected to be usable at 720p.

I can't fathom how this is acceptable for Xbox. Every second-rate video and streaming service on the web can stream videos in 1080p and a very large amount of them can stream 4K or above. How is it acceptable to Microsoft that a flagship Xbox Series X on a wired local network is only capable of streaming in 720p? Remote play has been out for three years now with no progress being made here while other successful companies like Youtube have been able to provide 1080p video viewing services since 2009 and Twitch has been able to support 1080p video streaming since its creation. Even Valve was able to release a piece of hardware(Steam Link) that sold for $5 and supported 1080p nearly a decade ago.

I am frequently unable to play games on my console and am only able to access them via remote play on my PC(on a shared network). Unfortunately, the bitrate and resolution are so bad that many games are just completely unplayable because the text is unreadable and distant objects that are typically small on the screen are unrecognizable.

This is unacceptable and Microsoft should be embarrassed to call this a "feature". As a lifetime Xbox loyalist, this is one feature that is absolutely going to end up driving me to switch to Sony's PlayStation since they've supported 1080p in the last generation and continue to make strides to improve. It is a shame.

:)

JustManty, Apr 2, 2023
  2. cache.sk Win User

Just a note - Xbox Series's APU should have an Amd's VCE asic, which is a full hardware implementation of the video codec H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, capable of delivering 1080p at 60 frames/sec. So if remote play is locked to 720p/30, it is not an hardware limitation.
  3. wick john1 Win User

I CAN'T DO STREAMING because of the bad 720p remote play resolution on my pc.

The only way is hdmi2.1 capture card, I wait it for a long time. Lucky Avermedia and ASUS announced it recently.

Even I don‘t use wifi,my pc and xbox both use Network cable connect to my router,it also 720p. PS5 remote play is 1080p,xbxplay is a third-party Android remote play app, it have 1080p,but the official not support. What a shame.
  4. renegadeninja real Win User

All has been checked down the list. 873mbps

But yet remote playing on a Samsung s8+ the streaming quality is still horrible for 2023.
  5. SureEdwin9Tjean Win User

this! my country doesn't even have Xbox live servers so remote play is unplayable and that on my local freaking network. Ive ask them so many times but they don't care
  6. SureEdwin9Tjean Win User

been a problem for years for me and they don't seem to care!
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate? - Similar Threads - Remote Play locked

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...