Xbox Remote Play gets stuck in "Trying to reconnect" loop

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play gets stuck in "Trying to reconnect" loop in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever I connect to my Xbox away from home, I now get thrown into a loop of connecting and disconnecting. During this loop, the Xbox will be... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Captain_Blase, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Xbox Remote Play gets stuck in "Trying to reconnect" loop

Whenever I connect to my Xbox away from home, I now get thrown into a loop of connecting and disconnecting. During this loop, the Xbox will be unresponsive with choppy audio. This occurs on any network I try to connect to that is not at my home.

However, it seems to be happier if I have a game already running vs starting from the home screen. This is extremely frustrating, seeing as how the service worked fine up until around a month ago. I do not believe it is a network speed issue, as my home network is pulling around 106 mb/s and my current network is around 708 mb/s. I have done a factory reset on the xbox, made sure the controllers are updated, checked all the remote connect/play settings, and it is all in the green.

submitted by /u/Captain_Blase
    [link] [comments]

/u/Captain_Blase, Mar 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Win11 to Xbox S Remote Play - Trying to Reconnect Loop

Hi, that's really strange.

Matt can you try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If the issue persists and in order to isolate the problem a bit more. Are you able to test with another PC in your house?

If not, please try running this command:

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your PC and give it a new try

----

If the issue persists, this can be a bit odd but try reinstalling gaming services:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

-------

If that doesn't work I have another three things to advise you:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one that is causing conflicts (uninstall one, then check. if the issue persists repeat. Don't forget to turn off temporarily automatic updates)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

2. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. MattMawdsley Win User

Hi Josef, thanks again for your help.

I tried using a different PC, a laptop this time, and it worked perfectly 3 out of 3 times.

I'm going to leave it there - sorry if that is not a satisfying resolution! but the rest of the steps look scary and I've now got a method that lets me use the Console from another room, even if it's not on the main PC.

Really appreciate the help, take care.
  4. MattMawdsley Win User

Same issue unfortunately. I did get another of the "10%" goes, where it worked well and didn't disconnect, but then reconnected to check, and same issue.

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for sharing a resolution :c
    Don't worry if you don't mind to try the solutions provided

If you're satisfied using a different PC, that's good as well
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MATTMAWDSLEY

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :

Did you tried connecting the PC and Xbox to the wifi network? (Use the 5Ghz network)
    If yes and the issue persists, please double check what's saying next to / below NAT type :

Open the Xbox Console Companion app > Settings > Network
    (if you don't have the app, you can get it from the store)

Also, can you try doing the remote play using a different device?
    For example your phone. This helps us to isolate the issue a bit more
Thema:

Xbox Remote Play gets stuck in "Trying to reconnect" loop

1. Xbox Remote Play gets stuck in "Trying to reconnect" loop - Similar Threads - Remote Play gets

2. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  3. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  4. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  5. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  6. How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround): Previously with the Xbox Console Companion and my old-gen Xbox one, I was able to stream to twitch with party audio and a full overlay with streamlabs. Now, with my Xbox series s and the new Xbox...
  7. How to get triggers/bumpers with remote play

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get triggers/bumpers with remote play: I try to use remote play to play from my phone. The Xbox apps remote play doesn't have any triggers or bumpers meaning I can't play majority of my games, plus, my game will say press a button to...
  8. keep on getting error 0x87e10004 Xbox Remote Play on Phone when playing backwards...

in XboX Insiders
    keep on getting error 0x87e10004 Xbox Remote Play on Phone when playing backwards...: Allow us to play backwards compatible titles through our xbox app when our xbox is at home. All games work with remote play when on PC but not on phone. I keep getting error 0x87e10004. Please fix...
  9. Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...: Hi, Please could you let me know if there is a fix to this? I have seen the following forum:...
  10. Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to...: Configuration: Xbox controller connected to PC with USB-C cable (have tested with bluetooth with the same results) PC Hard wired to network switch 1gig connection from switch to XBox Series X...