Xbox remote play for PC won't work

Discus and support Xbox remote play for PC won't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I try to connect to my Xbox Series S, my laptop keeps coming up with "Check your network connection. We found your console but can't connect. Try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Simone Michelle, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Xbox remote play for PC won't work

When I try to connect to my Xbox Series S, my laptop keeps coming up with "Check your network connection. We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different WiFi or mobile network."

I used to be able to connect with no difficulty but lately nothing seems to work. Does anybody know of any fixes? Also tried connecting using my phone hotspot, which used to work but now it doesn't.

:)

Simone Michelle, Nov 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Simone

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    If you try opening a remote play session using your phone, it works?
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your system or the Xbox app received an update before this problem?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this? (besides connecting the console and PC to your mobile hotspot)
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
  4. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C.

Without much welcome the community.

Hello jcleigh, just to make clear what this is about, are you trying to stream from Xbox to PC on the same network, are you trying to remotely play xbox through your mobile phone or are you trying to play Xcloud?
    The OP is trying to use Remote Play between their PC and their Series X using the PC Xbox App:

"PC to XSX Remote Play"

They have tried to use remote play with their Android Device and it worked fine
  5. jcleigh Win User

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
    Wow you are right! I recreated this behavior exactly.

It would appear that PC Remote Play has some dependency on the XBox's TV being on. This is a great find @DaewooKim1!
  6. Benji Nadler Win User

XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC

I connected my PC to my mobile device's hotspot and attempted to connect to remote play, but still could not.
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play for PC won't work - Similar Threads - remote play won't

2. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  3. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  4. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  5. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  6. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  7. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  8. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  9. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  10. XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC: I have a current ultimate game pass subscription My XBOX is fully updated Remote Play is set up properly on my XBOX While on my home network, I'm able to initiate a remote play session on my...