Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox remote play constantly says “can’t connect right now, try again later” whenever I try to connect. If my Xbox has only recently turned off, it will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NuclearPants, Nov 9, 2022.

1. NuclearPants
    NuclearPants Guest

Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message

Xbox remote play constantly says “can’t connect right now, try again later” whenever I try to connect. If my Xbox has only recently turned off, it will work, but if it’s been off for more than a few hours, it will not work.

I have tried disabling remote play. Unplugging Xbox from the wall for a few minutes, plugging back in. Re enabling remote play and power cycling again. Below are the screenshots of the tests showing everything is in working order. However, when I leave my house, if my Xbox has been off for more than a few hours, remote play won’t work.

The Xbox app shows “Xbox standby on” but when I try to remote play, it says can’t connect right now, try again later.

I have tried connecting from multiple devices (PC, IPhone, browser) on different networks (work, cellular, friends house) No luck.

Any advice, or I just don’t get to use this feature?
    Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message [​IMG]

Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message [​IMG]

:)

NuclearPants, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi NuclearPants,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. We will be glad to assist you with this. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask if you have tried the following;

1. Resetting your console to factory defaults. Reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything, but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.
      In 5 to 10 minutes, you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>
      Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your email and password.***
    You may also seek additional information through this article: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello NuclearPants,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Nismo 7 Win User

Help with xCloud and Local Network Remote Play

Thank you, this helped. Apparently an Xbox update created that check box for remote play at some point and I never had it checked. Enabled remote play, cold restarted the Xbox. When I try and pair the Android or iOS Xbox app to my console, it now gets past the something went wrong, try again later message. However, now it just sits at attempting to connect, where it says Turn on your console and sign in with your account.
  5. SIawman Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR Issues

I have the same issue. Unable to record anything from the PC without getting that same horrible message..

Can't record right now - Try again later

I can't take it any more!
  6. Chaia Lenor Win User

Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox

‘Try again soon, can’t connect right now’
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play does not work, receiving “can’t connect right now, try again later” message - Similar Threads - Remote Play does

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  6. PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play: Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. I've been playing Xbox almost exclusively from my PC for over a year now, mostly Call of Duty (which relies heavily on voice comms). More recently, I...
  7. Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?: I have just bought a backbone controller for my iPhone so I can play games on the go. I was wondering if EAFC 24 works on remote play just as it does on console. Can I play online? And how does...
  8. Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?: Whilst using Xbox Remote Play, I notice that it takes a while for remote play to load and I notice occasional screen tears and visual glitch-ups in the video. I'm planning to plug my Xbox Series X...
  9. Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...: Hi, I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB. I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X? This is not about remote gaming from a mobile device,...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...