Xbox remote home button not staying pressed (need to keep it down to work)

Discus and support Xbox remote home button not staying pressed (need to keep it down to work) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all I have a weird problem with one of my Xbox controllers. The home/power button won't stay pressed. So as long as I keep it pushed, it powers up,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Nosound, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Xbox remote home button not staying pressed (need to keep it down to work)

Hi all

I have a weird problem with one of my Xbox controllers. The home/power button won't stay pressed. So as long as I keep it pushed, it powers up, connects, and it works.

As soon as I release it, it just switches off and that's it.

I tried already replacing batteries, even if they're not the problem, and it didn't change anything. What should I do?

:)

Mister Nosound, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

X box series X Microsoft Flight Simulator failed to install error 0x80070057

Yes try a soft reset!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select Reset and keep my games & apps.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  3. TheLastBeast57 Win User

Hardware issues

Hold down the home button and press restart. If that doesn't work then it means that the servers are down.
  4. Leo Invictus Win User

xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-remote-info#064ff1f1d91d461e8939ca2fed2cd717
  5. MrPTB Win User

When connecting to the Xbox One X’s 【HDMI in】 port, the output is displayed as a green screen, all the content is green.

Okay you can use the bigger guns! The first step in resetting an Xbox One is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox One controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.
    Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press the A button to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox One firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

Will this reset my Xbox home status?
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Mlb the show 21 issue

The first step in resetting an Xbox One is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways: Press the home button on your Xbox One controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top. Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad. Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon. With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu. Press down on the d-pad until you reach System. Press the A button to open the ​System submenu. With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press the A button to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox One firmware and settings without touching your games and apps.

Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

Thema:

Xbox remote home button not staying pressed (need to keep it down to work)

1. Xbox remote home button not staying pressed (need to keep it down to work) - Similar Threads - remote home button

2. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  3. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...
  4. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  5. why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?: hi,my remote play is working when the laptop is connected to the same wifi as the xbox but as soon as i go somewhere else and use a different wifi remote play doesn't work on the laptop. any...
  6. Remote play working only on home Wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play working only on home Wifi network: Hi. I haven't been able to get remote play to work on networks away from home. It works great on my home wifi networks but anywhere else I get the following message: "Check your network...
  7. Home network Remote Play only functions when TV is on

in XboX Insiders
    Home network Remote Play only functions when TV is on: Remote Play works flawlessly when I have the TV on, connect, and play on my Pixel 6 Pro. However, if I power on the console from standby remotely with my TV off, the app connects (little...
  8. I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network: I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network All my remote play settings are correct This feature worked well 4 months back but doesn't work...
  9. Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home: Hello, I have an issue. At home I can use remote play it's stable, I'm able to play without any problem or input lag. But problem is when I go to work and try to hop on, console shows up in the...
  10. Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.: Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on 5minutes after switching from wifi to 5g but if i...