Xbox regions problems discriminating countries and forcing people to go for more expensive...

Discus and support Xbox regions problems discriminating countries and forcing people to go for more expensive... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am romanian. I live in Romania. I just tried to buy xbox game pass ultimate for 1 month but it wouldn't let me because my regions dont match and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Strong_Data2862, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Xbox regions problems discriminating countries and forcing people to go for more expensive...

I am romanian. I live in Romania. I just tried to buy xbox game pass ultimate for 1 month but it wouldn't let me because my regions dont match and honestly they never will. I contacted microsoft support and they told me to buy gift cards and proceed like that. It's way more expensive like that. Just alone the 15$ 1month game pass is worth 50RON(romanian money) wich is like an american would spend 50$ for 1 month of benefits. Why encourage your customers to go for even more expensive routes like gift cards or digital codes from other sellers that are not even guaranteed to work when you could simply fix the problem? All customers should be able to access the benefits of xbox(gold or game pass, EA, etc). Why sell your product in the first place in a country, if said country is not even part of your regions wich later on will show up in your system, causing the problem mentioned earlier?

submitted by /u/Strong_Data2862
    [link] [comments]

/u/Strong_Data2862, Dec 11, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

can not download fable III

its not discrimination

to conduct any business in any country you must have a license

china isnt a supported region

international laws still have to be followed

international laws are blind

your government can and will decide what you can or cannot do. it has nothing to do with discrimination because the laws are blind

aka distibution rights and copyright laws if distibution rights decide content is only allowed in certain countries you may not have it out of region
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Game Studios (AoE IV) overpricing games in Switzerland ?

Prices depend on a lot of factors, could be something simple as the minimum wage, for example if your country minimum wage is higher than US or Europe minimum wage that could make a difference, but also can be something more complex like internal taxes for business or taxes for digital items, etc.

It is hard to give you an exact reason, but something like "discrimination" is not a reason for the price tag.

Comparing price tags between countries is sometimes not very productive, in that order ideas:

I can compare games prices between US and a Latin American country like Argentina, Colombia, Brazil etc or between US and Turkey

You're going to see that games are more expensive in US but more cheaper in Turkey, etc
  4. Smwutches Win User

Grid 2 Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again

The terms and conditions for games with gold does state that the games may not be available in all regions. It is not discrimination. It you live in a country that is not actually supported, they definitely can't guarantee you will be able to download all
    of the games.
  5. pcgell Win User

TC's Rainbow Six Vegas won't download.

so for people that live in countries that have no xbox live region how would one solve this problem?
  6. onyxishere Win User

Is DLC region locked?

Due to restrictions from specific countries some games and/or content cannot be accessed. There is no specific list of content that is not allowed so I wouldn't recommend doing this or setting your gamertag to another country (region).

The only way people have found if a game or it's content is not allowed to be downloaded to their country is to have purchased it first. An expensive lesson to be sure.
Thema:

Xbox regions problems discriminating countries and forcing people to go for more expensive...

1. Xbox regions problems discriminating countries and forcing people to go for more expensive... - Similar Threads - regions problems discriminating

2. Why this game is not available, it's a global problem or regional?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why this game is not available, it's a global problem or regional?: [img] who have this problem? dafa4d28-4640-4e97-9670-e92829bde6df
  3. XBOX GAME PASS REGION PROBLEM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS REGION PROBLEM: My friend gifted me an xbox game pass coupon code before he goes to cadet collage now i cant contact him for 4 months , and i dont know that which region's code is that , is there anyway that we...
  4. Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't...: Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't work my microsoft account an Xbox account are both on argentina but it still doesn't work. Please help me...
  5. There may be a problem with your account region setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    There may be a problem with your account region setting: I've had Java edition of minecraft ever since it came out. When I try to play, i'm always stuck on demo mode because apparently there is a problem with my region settings. Here is the exact text...
  6. There may be a problem with your account region setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    There may be a problem with your account region setting: I have bought Minecraft Bedlock Edition and played it fine a few years ago. I installed the game again recently and I see "There may be a problem with your account region setting" I have played it...
  7. Region Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region Problem: Hello , I want to know how am I able to buy anything from in game or a game when my region is not covered . It's hard to find redeem codes or if they not suspicious. I don't understand why so...
  8. Region change problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Region change problem: I had a black screen on one x then I reset it and it worked. Now my region and location settings are locked to one country and its China l can't change the setting even if l go to settings..HELP...
  9. I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem?: I got a gift code for a game, when I tried to redeem the code every time i get this massage “This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.”, even though it...
  10. Region problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Region problem: Basically, here is a thing, I live in KAZAKHSTAN. Not Russia, there is a difference between these two countries. I want to buy Minecraft! But it says, purchases are not available in my region. Any...