xbox region problem

Discus and support xbox region problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i bought a FF13 in Canada and i found that i cant play it on my Xbox 360 bought in Asia. does changing my profile region solve the problem, or do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Patty60205, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Patty60205
    Patty60205 Guest

xbox region problem

Hi, i bought a FF13 in Canada and i found that i cant play it on my Xbox 360 bought in Asia.

does changing my profile region solve the problem, or do i need to sell the game and buy the same one for my region?

i also bought harry potter from Canada and it works fine, i dont see why square enix made their game "special" and annoying...

PS i bought it in canada because i prefer english over japanese!

:)

Patty60205, Jan 3, 2014
  2. sillylucy
    sillylucy Guest
    Microsoft Revamped Xbox One

Glad it's region free. Does this apply to movie playback as well? Do you think I'd have issues watching other region DVDs on it? My friend had a problem with his Xbox 360 not playing certain region 1 DVDs.

sillylucy, Jan 3, 2014
  3. majnu
    majnu Guest
    Why I don't believe in digital downloads...thanks microsoft

What has region locking got to do with anything? Different disc formats never worked in a UK console before or did they?

All my XBOX games were bought in the UK and not some shady Ebay Seller from Abroad offering a copy a week early.

majnu, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

xbox region problem

Changing your region will not fix the issue as the game & console are from different regions.

Your only option is to buy the game from the correct region,Asia in this case.

Some games are region free which is why the Harry Potter game works but most are region locked.

Daft Badger, Jan 3, 2014
  5. now is there a way to unblock the games, because realy I think this is pathetic! xbox should stay xbox does not matter from where you are!!

NonprofitEar0, Jun 4, 2014
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It's not just an Xbox issue. It's an issue with the way discs and discs readers are made. The same issue can be found on DVD players, CDs, etc.

Smwutches, Jun 4, 2014
  7. jtalonso
    jtalonso Guest
    Hello, I bought a Surfs Up in Dominican Republic and the game isnt available any more, Ive been charge us 20 dollars and I dont have the game

jtalonso, Jan 12, 2015
  8. xbox region problem

Hey there jtalonso!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Smwutches Win User

xbox region problem

It's not just an Xbox issue. It's an issue with the way discs and discs readers are made. The same issue can be found on DVD players, CDs, etc.
  10. NonprofitEar0 Win User

xbox region problem

now is there a way to unblock the games, because realy I think this is pathetic! xbox should stay xbox does not matter from where you are!!
  11. Mister Quimby Win User

xbox region problem

Hey there jtalonso!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  12. jtalonso Win User

xbox region problem

Hello, I bought a Surfs Up in Dominican Republic and the game isnt available any more, Ive been charge us 20 dollars and I dont have the game
  13. Daft Badger Win User

xbox region problem

Changing your region will not fix the issue as the game & console are from different regions.

Your only option is to buy the game from the correct region,Asia in this case.

Some games are region free which is why the Harry Potter game works but most are region locked.
Thema:

xbox region problem

1. xbox region problem - Similar Threads - region problem

2. Why this game is not available, it's a global problem or regional?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why this game is not available, it's a global problem or regional?: [img] who have this problem? dafa4d28-4640-4e97-9670-e92829bde6df
  3. XBOX GAME PASS REGION PROBLEM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS REGION PROBLEM: My friend gifted me an xbox game pass coupon code before he goes to cadet collage now i cant contact him for 4 months , and i dont know that which region's code is that , is there anyway that we...
  4. Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't...: Hi My problem is that i bought a code for a game for the region argentina and it doesn't work my microsoft account an Xbox account are both on argentina but it still doesn't work. Please help me...
  5. There may be a problem with your account region setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    There may be a problem with your account region setting: I've had Java edition of minecraft ever since it came out. When I try to play, i'm always stuck on demo mode because apparently there is a problem with my region settings. Here is the exact text...
  6. There may be a problem with your account region setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    There may be a problem with your account region setting: I have bought Minecraft Bedlock Edition and played it fine a few years ago. I installed the game again recently and I see "There may be a problem with your account region setting" I have played it...
  7. Region Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region Problem: Hello , I want to know how am I able to buy anything from in game or a game when my region is not covered . It's hard to find redeem codes or if they not suspicious. I don't understand why so...
  8. Region change problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Region change problem: I had a black screen on one x then I reset it and it worked. Now my region and location settings are locked to one country and its China l can't change the setting even if l go to settings..HELP...
  9. I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem?: I got a gift code for a game, when I tried to redeem the code every time i get this massage “This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.”, even though it...
  10. Region problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Region problem: Basically, here is a thing, I live in KAZAKHSTAN. Not Russia, there is a difference between these two countries. I want to buy Minecraft! But it says, purchases are not available in my region. Any...