Xbox RB bumper unresponsive

Discus and support Xbox RB bumper unresponsive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After not playing on the controller for a while i noticed the RB bumper was completely unresponsive. after taking the plastic casing off, i saw that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TalMXB, Nov 25, 2022.

1. TalMXB
    TalMXB Guest

After not playing on the controller for a while i noticed the RB bumper was completely unresponsive. after taking the plastic casing off, i saw that there has been a leak and that the battery corrosion might've damaged the bumper. What should i do?

Xbox RB bumper unresponsive [​IMG]

:)

TalMXB, Nov 25, 2022
  2. HowRidiculous4 Win User

RB bumper unresponsive

Hi the only solution I can think of now is to ask around for someone that fix console related items and send it to them to open it up for you , if you don't want to do it yourself.

or if the controller is still under warranty feel free to contact Microsoft support for assistants with either sending it to them for repairs or exchanging it for a new one

Hope this helps Gamer
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

TalMXB, I'm sorry about the situation, friend.

What we can do is trigger the repair of your control if it is still within the deadline.

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''start order''. In the category put ''accessories'' and on the side ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

RB bumper kinda unresponsive.

Please do it, but make sure to remove the batteries (controller needs to be fully turned off) before that and wait at least 1 hour before trying again
  5. MonoAka Baggy Win User

should i use the alcohol on the bit where the bumper clicks?
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hi MonoAka, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with teh RB bumper, if you already tried to fully clean the controller and even after that the issue persists unfortunately this means that there is something with the bumper and your controller needs to be replaced

In case you need it here are the Microsoft recommendations to clean your controller

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If the issue persist after following the recommendations and if the controller is not out of warranty I can recommend you to ask for a replacement

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
Thema:

1. Xbox RB bumper unresponsive - Similar Threads - bumper unresponsive

2. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  3. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  4. How do I change the sensitivity on my bumpers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the sensitivity on my bumpers?: Recently, I have had to click my right bumper 2-3 times for it to work. This is making me lose a lot of games. I can't find anything about it on the Xbox Accessories App....
  5. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  6. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  7. I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...: I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able to track the package until it got to the destination for repair. How can I check the order status...
  8. PowerA Xbox Controller has sensitive bumpers??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PowerA Xbox Controller has sensitive bumpers??: So i have a PowerA Advantage Xbox Controller and everything works fine on it but the bumpers are SO SENSITIVE its so annoying when im playing a game and im trying to switch my weapon and it...
  9. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  10. RB bumper kinda unresponsive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RB bumper kinda unresponsive.: Ok so my RB bumber only works if i blow into it, but after 10-20mins i have to blow into it again, is there a fix to this so i dont have to keep blowing into it? its tiring and i cant be asked...