Xbox randomly shutting off

Discus and support Xbox randomly shutting off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so whenever I try to load up fifa18 my Xbox will shut off after a few minutes of play or even when it's loading up. Most people would probably... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jlm B0b Jones, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Xbox randomly shutting off

Okay so whenever I try to load up fifa18 my Xbox will shut off after a few minutes of play or even when it's loading up.

Most people would probably say it's a problem with the power brick but the thing is whenever my brother logs into his account he is able to play perfectly ok it makes no sense!

I could try playing for a while but then give up and right after I leave my brother is able to play with no problem,

Anyone know any fix for this problem?

Thanks

:)

Jlm B0b Jones, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Kotton Tail
    Kotton Tail Guest
    Xbox shutting off randomly

Its yellow when its off and then green when its on, haven't noticed red at all. and no the power supply is in an open area as well

Kotton Tail, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Jay.17
    Jay.17 Guest
    Xbox shutting off randomly

I would check the power supply if I were you. From the looks of it, it seems like maybe your console isn't getting enough power. Make sure all the cords are plugged in properly. Also, if the power cord is plugged into an extension cord, I would unplug it
    and plug it into the wall. If not, then I would suggest putting the console in an open area (if you haven't already.)

Jay.17, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Neverdweller Win User

Xbox One X Slowdown, glitches, freezing.

my xbox never randomly shut off. :)
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Randomly shuts off.

Thats weird 🤔 redeem it for warranty and be done with that one
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Randomly shuts off.

7. GroundOregano94 Win User

Randomly shuts off.

Since you did factory reset and power cycle I have no other idea beside that is a some kind of hardware failure. So sorry. Like collegue said, I think that repair is the next step. If your Xbox is under year you must have a warranty. Go and fix it.
  8. CrazyMunster57 Win User

Hey there PerviousMedal83.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your Xbox One powering off! Are you plugging your Xbox One directly into a wall outlet, or do you possibly have a power strip in between the two? Power strips aren't supported and may be causing trouble. Let
    us know :)
    I'm having the same problem as OP. XBOX ONE is plugged directly into wall. Energy saver mode is off. I reset the power supply as instructed. I uninstalled Netflix. It randomly shuts off either streaming video or playing games. The power supply nor the console
    are hot. I cleaned out the dust off the top and out of the vents as much as I could but there wasn't much of it at all. Everything I read points to a faulty power brick and my Xbox One is out of warranty as of February of this year 2017 please contact me directly
    I'd like to get this resolved.
Thema:

1. Xbox randomly shutting off - Similar Threads - randomly shutting off

2. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  3. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  4. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  5. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  6. What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after: My Xbox shuts off randomly when I’m playing games and then will continue to do so after for a short period and it will randomly crash games if they are over 40Gb only some games won’t crash and...
  7. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....
  8. Original Xbox One Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Random Shut Off: For the past 2 months my Xbox can not be played for more than two hours without randomly shutting down completely. I have not got any warnings or notifications something is wrong but when I check...
  9. Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Shut Off: Bought the One X after having my original One for two plus years with no issues. The One X from about the second week I had it until now randomly shuts off.......really annoying!! Put a fan...
  10. Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min: Hi I've had my device since 20/12/2011 so roughly 5 years, i very sparingly use this device, recently when I turned it on it ran for 2 mins then shuts off, then i have to unplug everything and...