Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair...

Discus and support Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox game seems to flicker when I play games like WWE 2k23 and Modern Warfare. It will flicker for a while, disconnect my controller, and then fully... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ermez, May 28, 2023.

1. Ermez
    Ermez Guest

Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair...

Ermez, May 28, 2023
  2. Ermez Win User

Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair but the issue continues

Hello, I just all of the above including the console reset and HDMI switch with tv updated to the most recent firmware. My console seems to work without the screen flickering when I unplug it and clear my alternate mac address. But once I turn off my Xbox and load a game up without unplugging and clearing alternate mac address, it flickers.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair but the issue continues

Hello Ermez,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to hear that your Xbox still continues to flicker even after repair. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

There are some possible solutions that you can try to resolve the flickering problem on your own. Please follow these steps carefully and see if they help:

- Update your TV to the latest firmware. Some TVs may have compatibility issues with the Xbox Series X and need a software update to fix them .

- Change your Xbox Series X settings to match your TV's capabilities. You can adjust the resolution, refresh rate, and VRR (variable refresh rate) settings in Settings > General > TV & display options. Depending on your TV model, you may need to choose different combinations of these settings to avoid flickering. For example, you can try:

- Output 4K@60Hz with VRR

- Output 4K@120Hz without VRR

- Output 1080p or 1440p@120Hz with VRR

- Output 4K@60Hz without VRR

Troubleshooting 4K and HDR | Xbox Support

- Check your HDMI cable and port. Make sure you are using the HDMI cable that came with your Xbox Series X or a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable. Also, try plugging the cable into a different HDMI port on your TV or console, or use a different cable if you have one .

- Reset your console to factory defaults. This will erase all your settings and accounts from the console, but it will not delete your games and apps. You will need to sign in again with your email and password after the reset. To reset your console, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

If none of these solutions work for you, please contact our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. ShawnGould1 Win User

, I have a problem with the elite controller

I have this problem as well already returned my controller to support was sent a new one and still have the same issue of disconnecting randomly
  6. DENAz666 Win User

My xbox does not connect any controls

Thema:

1. Xbox randomly flickers, disconnects controller, and then shutdown. Have sent in for repair... - Similar Threads - randomly flickers disconnects

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  4. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  5. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  7. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  8. Random Unstable Wireless Connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Unstable Wireless Connection.: My wireless wifi connection has become unstable from nowhere despite nothing moving and powercycling, reconnecting, and restarting my router and console have not changed anything. This is on an...
  9. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  10. Random White Flicker?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random White Flicker?: With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is only for a second...