Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account?

Discus and support Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I recently attempted to sign into my microsoft account and my email was no longer connected to it. I couldn't sign in using my email, instead only... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Timothy Zebrov, Jan 25, 2025.

  1. Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account?


    Hi, I recently attempted to sign into my microsoft account and my email was no longer connected to it. I couldn't sign in using my email, instead only being able to use a username taken from the first part of the email, e.g. *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** -> bob45. I was incredibly confused, I hadn't changed anything myself and I'm 99% I wasn't hacked, the password was unchanged and nothing else was different either. I reconnected my email to the account and then signed into the minecraft website, only to find that it said I don't own minecraft! So I tried signing into the xbox website and it had me make a new xbox profile (gamertag, etc.). I checked and my xbox gamertag and profile still exist, just now I can't access it because it's not connected to my email anymore. I'm still signed in on the minecraft launcher and can play minecraft with no issues, but if I were to sign out I wouldn't be able to sign in again. I'm incredibly confused and have three questions, what happened with my account for my email to be unlinked and replaced with some username? If my xbox profile isn't connected to my microsoft account, what is it connected to if anything? And how can I fix this? (either relinking my xbox profile to my microsoft account or just being able to sign into my xbox profile)

    :)
     
    Timothy Zebrov, Jan 25, 2025
    #1
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

    Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account?

    Hey there, Timothy Zebrov

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    Please can you answer the following questions:

    1. How long since did you last sign into your Microsoft account?
    2. Did you have any subscriptions active on your Microsoft account?

    When reading your post, the first thing that jumps to my mind is that your Microsoft account was closed due to inactivity. This article explains when this happens: Check if your Microsoft account is closed - Microsoft Support

    This would explain why, when you tried to sign into your Microsoft account, it told you it didn't exist. Creating a new account with the same username creates a new Microsoft account with a new Xbox account attached to it.

    I am not sure if Xbox Support will be able to attach an Xbox account to a new Microsoft account. You can try them by going to this link and contacting a Microsoft agent: Contact us | Xbox Support

    Hope this information helps,

    Nathan
  3. AridLizard Win User

    Microsoft account is no longer associated with my Xbox profile

    go to
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
    and click the Contact Us button
    select Family and Online Safety as the category
    select I Want to Protect My Account as the topic
    scroll to the bottom of the options and select Chat Online or Request a Call
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

    Microsoft account is no longer associated with my Xbox profile

    Hi Axs,

    Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We recommend requesting a call from support. They will be able to look into both gamertags and see what the issue is.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  5. maxen Win User

    Question about changing email

    To confirm: you're wanting to change the email address (Microsoft Account) associated with your Xbox Live profile?

    In which case, everything remains associated with the Xbox Live profile (purchases, gamerscore, game history, friends, current subscriptions and so on), it's just the underlying MSA (Microsoft Account, the email address) which gets changed.

    However, the funds remain on the old MSA so do not get transferred to your new one, so this will no longer be associated with your Xbox Live profile. The funds should remain accessible on the current/old MSA, but do no transfer across along with the Xbox
    Live profile.

    Let us know how you get on and/or you have any further questions.
  6. taidara Win User

    Random disconnects while using netflix.

    If the profile associated with your Netflix account is the same one you've used to post in this thread then the problem is that your profile is no longer associated with gold. You need a gold subscription to be able to use the Netflix app on your console.
Thema:

Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account?

Loading...
  1. Xbox profile no longer associated with microsoft account? - Similar Threads - profile longer associated

  2. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  3. Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally: Tried restarting my console and it still didn't fix the issue. I am a little frustrated since I like to change my profile picture a lot. I could still go to my profile by going to my achievements....
  4. Missing Xbox Insider Badge on Profile (Level 60)

    in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Insider Badge on Profile (Level 60): I have been an active Xbox Insider member, currently enrolled in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring, and reached Level 60. However, the Insider badge is still not showing up on my public Xbox profile. I...
  5. XBOX Insider Profile Badges and Rewards

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Profile Badges and Rewards: Long time XBOX Insider here. Don't know how anyone else would feel about this, but with XBOX introducing different badges to profiles, I think as an Insider, there should be specific badges for...
  6. Profile/Background Customization

    in XboX Insiders
    Profile/Background Customization: Since the latest updates, many more dynamic backgrounds have been added; they're very well done and reference beloved games . Even so, I miss being able to upload custom ones. submitted by...
  7. Delta ring – Insider Hub profile stuck at 1 report

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta ring – Insider Hub profile stuck at 1 report: I’m in the Delta ring and have submitted multiple Insider reports. I start the report on my Xbox console, click Report a problem, then scan the QR code to finish it on my phone. I get the...
  8. Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. XBOX badge question for profiles

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX badge question for profiles: Hello, I have a question regarding the Xbox Insider badge. I’m very interested in earning this badge and would like to learn more about the requirements and steps involved. Is there a specific...
  10. So I can't verify my identity with an email alternative that no longer exists in my profile.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    So I can't verify my identity with an email alternative that no longer exists in my profile.: Tried to change my profile, it keeps asking me to verify my identity via an email that I just removed from my alias and now when I use that email which Microsoft suggested, it says it doesn't...