Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC

Discus and support Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dudusandi, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Dudusandi
    Dudusandi Guest

I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After change for Xbox Series S, sometimes has no sound on Home theater , the same happens in the other inputs of the tv, when remove the xbox and restarting the tv the sound returns to normal.. this happens in both the sony and samsung setup, with different hdmi cables…and the problem happens even with the HDMI CEC function disabled on xbox

:)

Dudusandi, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, yes you're right, for some reason there's some conflict in the system and it hasn't been fixed yet, it seems.
  3. Dudusandi Win User

Yes, the problem happens both in stereo and in 5.1, what I understand is that somehow the xbox causes a conflict in the hdmi arc, because even using another input of the tv it still has no audio until the xbox is disconnected.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dudusandi, I did a little research on this situation, and found some occurrences, and so far in some visible solution.

In addition to trying other HDMI cables have you also tried modifying on Xbox sound settings, for example putting in Uncompressed Stereo?

If it doesn't work Microsoft has the old Uservoice in a new link to bug suggestions and communications like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

xbox one's tv abilities?

ARC is Audio Return Channel. It allows a TV's audio to be sent back to the attached receiver via the HDMI Out of the receiver instead of having to run a separate audio line from the TV to the receiver. It's intended for use when using a TV's internal tuner
    via an attached antenna or cable source.

HDMI CEC is what allows your TV's remote to control other components without actually programming the remote with the code for the other devices.

HDMI CEC pre-dates ARC by several revisions. Unfortunately, few things take advantage of it.
  6. Singular Apathy Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Are you directly connecting the soundbar to the Xbox or are you connecting through your TV? It's better to connect to the Xbox and use another HDMI to connect to the TV. Have you changed any sync settings? Alternately, and in general, this problem is an
    HDMI-ARC/CEC issue so it may be an inherent problem with the connection, rather than anything else, in which case there's no fix.
Thema:

1. Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC - Similar Threads - problem HDMI CEC

2. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...
  3. Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem: Got an Xbox series **** was working fine all of a sudden the image ain't coming up on my screen it's just a black screen the sound comes through and I'll get a flicker of image but then it goes...
  4. Connection problem old Xbox cables to modern tv that uses HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem old Xbox cables to modern tv that uses HDMI: How do I connect my Xbox that uses plug in cables (red, white, green etc) to a modern television that only has links for HDMI connections? Is it possible to buy some type of conversion plug? Thank...
  5. Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV: Hi everyone. I recently bought a second-hand Xbox 360 E because my old 360 definitely died. The fact is that when I connected it to my 43 '' Samsung TV (Model UE43EU7025KXXC) it did not detect it....
  6. Oled cx and HDMI-CEC problem outside of playing time

in XboX Insiders
    Oled cx and HDMI-CEC problem outside of playing time: Anybody else experiencing that during non playing time, while streaming netflix or amazon prime, the tv switches by itself to the hdmi channel with xbox connected to. I have asked the company and...
  7. Bad HDMI retimer (or retainer?) IC known problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad HDMI retimer (or retainer?) IC known problem: Did Microsoft ever accept responsibility or have litigation come about regarding the known problem of bad HDMI retimer ICs in the One X? The repair shop looked it over and said this was definitely...
  8. Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI: Hi, I have this configuration: Xbox one X Monitor 4K with HDR 10 Splitter HDMI that support 4K and HDR10 HDMI Capture Card (connected with Usb at my Pc) The problem is if i want to use...
  9. Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?: My Xbox one is having trouble connecting to the TV. I try connecting to 3 different TVs and sometimes I will get lucky with one of them. I’ve noticed the times it does work, the fan is running at...
  10. Xbox One X possible HDMI Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X possible HDMI Problem?: Hi, I was going to chat or call about this issue, but apparently that’s a no go since it’s a video issue. https://twitter.com/CaptainSkulls/status/1245232708449636354?s=20 Has anyone had or...