Xbox powered down and will not start up again. Can anyone help?

Discus and support Xbox powered down and will not start up again. Can anyone help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While playing a game and downloading three others, the Xbox froze and wouldn't respond to most inputs on the controller. To fix this, I used the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nejay2006, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Nejay2006
    Nejay2006 Guest

While playing a game and downloading three others, the Xbox froze and wouldn't respond to most inputs on the controller. To fix this, I used the Xbox 'restart' button used by holding the Xbox button down on the controller. The Xbox turned off afterwards and would not turn on again anymore. Pressing the power button turned it on but it would turn off automatically five seconds later.

I followed all of the available instructions for resetting the console but none of them worked.

I also took apart the Xbox to clean out the interior but this did not fix the problem. Is there anything else I can try?

:)

Nejay2006, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nejay2006, I don't know what your console model is, but if you're playing a 100% online game like Fortnite, when downloading games at the same time, it may have a lag problem, but it's not common for it to crash.

Try to follow the procedures below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Connect to xbox live error

Hi There,

Try performing a hard reboot/reset by holding down the power button for 5 sec and then starting up the Xbox again. If that doesn't help try to clear the cache, by again holding down the power button until the power brick is off. Then unplug the power brick,
    wait 30 secs, plug it back in, and start up the Xbox again.
  4. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Instant On sometimes doesn't load up? Flashes then turns off.

Try and power cycle the Xbox by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 8 seconds until it is fully powered down with the power adapter light glowing amber.

Leave it off for 30 secs, then start it up again and change the power settings to Instant-On.

See if that helps, buddy.
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Cannot connect to X-Box Live

Hi,

Can you post the AGD codes? I assume it says you can connect to the Internet but not to Xbox Live?

Have you tried a full power down power up? (power off your modem and router and Xbox and then start them up again starting with the modem and leave a gap of 1min before powering up each other device)
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Can't play downloaded games

Hey there CHUCKfliegs.

Let's start out by power cycling your Xbox One. Hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds until your Xbox One powers off completely, then start it back up and try accessing the game again. Let us know if that helps :)
Thema:

1. Xbox powered down and will not start up again. Can anyone help? - Similar Threads - powered down start

2. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.: Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15...
  3. My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?: My xbox wireless headset recently fell hard on the floor and now the power button cannot be pressed down; it’s stuck in the up position. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SeriouslyWhatTheDuck...
  4. Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.: I went to turn my Xbox off by holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds to make sure that it was fully shut down. However when I restarted my console all my profiles were removed, my...
  5. Since I had a power cut the xbox series x does not make a power up/down chime

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since I had a power cut the xbox series x does not make a power up/down chime: I was playing on my console earlier today up until there was a power cut, when the power came back I turned the console on with no issues with the chime a few minutes later the power went again....
  6. My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the...: My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the thermal paste but i followed every steps following a youtube video. bd5567cd-3d7e-41dc-8756-726d805c0e68
  7. Xbox Series S Shutting down for no reason - not hot, not power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Shutting down for no reason - not hot, not power supply issue: Hi, I have an Xbox Series S which has decided to start shutting down approx 2-3 minutes in to any sort of intense activity like playing a game. It can go about 20-40mins watching a show on...
  8. Help need xp for delta omega doesn’t help power down issue

in XboX Insiders
    Help need xp for delta omega doesn’t help power down issue: My Xbox series x has been powering off in the middle of 2k23 games and I downloaded the insider and tried the omega with no luck.. I need xp but have no activities to level up to see if this fixes...
  9. Can Xbox Purchased in US be used in India directly or Step down power adapter is required

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Xbox Purchased in US be used in India directly or Step down power adapter is required: Hi, I recently purchased Xbox series X in US and wanted to use the same in India, do i need to get an Power converter to adjust the Voltage settings as in India the voltage used is range of...
  10. Yet more Xbox One power shut down problems - advice please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yet more Xbox One power shut down problems - advice please?: I have a 1TB Xbox One from late 2015 era. Over the last year, I have being having power problems like so many others. Generally speaking, it will have "bad mood" days/weeks, but then sometimes...