Xbox power brick randomly shuts off

Discus and support Xbox power brick randomly shuts off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the original Xbox one. My xbox does this weird thing where the power brick will randomly lose power after a couple hours of playing. When this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TechySiamang227, May 2, 2018.

1. Xbox power brick randomly shuts off

I have the original Xbox one. My xbox does this weird thing where the power brick will randomly lose power after a couple hours of playing. When this happens, the light goes off on the power brick and the console won’t turn back on. The only I’ve found to
    turn it back on is to: unplug the cord that goes from the brick to the wall from both the power brick and the wall at the sameness time. This is an new issue and just started happening a week ago. I’ve done a factory reset of my console and tried the troubleshooting
    section on Xbox support.

:)

TechySiamang227, May 2, 2018
  2. Xbox One power brick light shuts off when plugged into console

I was playing my Xbox when it randomly shut off and wouldn't come back on. I unplugged everything to do a power reset. When I plug in the power brick by itself, the light is orange. But when I plug it into the back of the console the light shuts off. Has
    the brick failed or is this it's way of telling me the console has failed?

Punished Lowtek, May 2, 2018
  3. Star Pelzig
    Star Pelzig Guest
    Xbox one randomly shutting off

My Xbox one keeps shutting off randomly, when it does this I have to reset to power brick in order for it to power on again. It's not overheating because I never get a warning saying that it is, sometime it will shut off even if it's cold

Star Pelzig, May 2, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

It looks like you may need to purchase a new power supply however can you please try connecting the console to an alternate wall outlet and also try following the

support guide here

gds1972, May 2, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

It looks like you may need to purchase a new power supply however can you please try connecting the console to an alternate wall outlet and also try following the

support guide here
  6. Deadly Ackbar Win User

XBOX ONE powers off unexpectedly

If the console is powering itself off randomly, one issue it could be having is with heating. If it over-heats it will shut itself off as a fail safe so your new system doesn't cook and brick.
  7. Weatherwax245 Win User

Xbox shut down during fallout Los Vegas

I now think the issue lays in the power brick i looked to see what happens when it shuts down and my powerbrick goes orange than the xbox shuts off think maybe its the power brick or maybe the issue is in the xbox
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

Power brick shuts down randomly

Hey there!

Thank you for responding, If you are still running into this same problem I would advise maybe testing out a different PSU (if available) maybe family or a friend has an original Xbox One and can let you test it out. This would definitely be the easiest
    way to determine if replacing the part will fix the issue.

Let us know if this is possible to test.
  9. BeastBadshah Win User

Power brick shuts down randomly

Read from this link how to solve issues with power brick https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-power-supply-solution
Thema:

1. Xbox power brick randomly shuts off - Similar Threads - power brick randomly

2. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  3. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  4. is my power brick busted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is my power brick busted?: a couple of months ago my xbox stopped working, when i would go to plug in my xbox, the power brick would be orange for about a second or so, then turn off. i tried using it again today to see if...
  5. My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!: I was playing and all of a sudden I heard a pop and all my lights just in my room shut off 4ae8686f-e1a1-4d1f-aff5-c14e0f5e8488
  6. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  7. Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.: My dad's xbox, no matter which powerbrick, randomly turns off, no matter what games he will play, one powerbrick is 1 year old and one dates back to 2013-2016, both of them don't work on his xbox...
  8. Power brick stays orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick stays orange: This morning our xbox stopped working. It makes the power on sound but the console doesn't turn on. I noticed that the power brick has a solid orange light. I have unplugged it several times and...
  9. i have an xbox one fat from USA and its power brick blasted so i ordered an xbox fat power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have an xbox one fat from USA and its power brick blasted so i ordered an xbox fat power...: the power brick says: Input : 200-240v~ 2.5A,50/60Hz Output: 12v---17.9A,5Vsb---1.0A Can i use it with the american xbox? Thank you f5c9ad19-1e9c-40f1-bf49-2d479b3da806
  10. Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in: My Xbox One Original power brick issue Hi guys, When I plug in my power brick it changes lights 3 to 4 times from orange to white then again orange then white does it 3 to 4 times and Xbox turn...