Xbox Port Forwarding Numbers Help For Router.

Discus and support Xbox Port Forwarding Numbers Help For Router. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I’m trying to set up port forwarding on my xbox but i’m just trying to find out what’s the most effective port numbers required by xbox and would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lawzy180-[xboxvenue], Apr 5, 2022.

1. Xbox Port Forwarding Numbers Help For Router.

Hi,

I’m trying to set up port forwarding on my xbox but i’m just trying to find out what’s the most effective port numbers required by xbox and would be the most useful to use for both external and internal.

Thanks

Xbox Port Forwarding Numbers Help For Router. [​IMG]

:)

Lawzy180-[xboxvenue], Apr 5, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help opening your ports.

Let me give you the needed ports for you to open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

If you feel you can change it yourself, you can follow the instructions here too:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Lawzy180-[xboxvenue] Win User

so if i use udp i’ll put 88 in all the boxes for both internal and external? both for start and end?
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

The above reference only applies to Xbox One and Series X|S consoles. So if you’re trying this on an Xbox 360, which requires a few ports to be open that are different for this particular console, then refer to the info here:

Xbox 360 network ports and router configurations for Xbox Live | Xbox Support

I see that your ISP is BT and you have the Smart Hub 2 router, so read through the relevant steps under ‘BT Smart Hub and Ultrafast Smart Hub’ in this guide:

How do I set up port forwarding on my BT Hub? | BT Help

This may also help for your specific router model:

https://portforward.com/bt/smart-hub-2/

If you experience any issues with matchmaking/connecting to online servers and/or receive a NAT type error, try the troubleshooting steps here:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

Port 3074 is the most important one. This should enable you to have an Open NAT type if/when this is open, but there’s multiple other network settings (privacy and safety/security - parental controls, MAC address filtering, etc) that can affect your ability to connect and should be considered as a possible factor.

Keep in mind that it’s often necessary for additional/other ports to be open for certain games. For example, Black Ops 3 requires port 3075 in addition to the others. The port forward website includes exactly which ports need to be open for a number of games on both Xbox and PC, and the info is regularly updated to reflect various new titles.

If you still have any questions regarding this, feel welcome to ask.

Hope this helps.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Yes, the port with UDP and TCP, you need to use both.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

If you need more help in opening these ports, make sure to reach out with your internet provider so they can guide you through your router settings.

Thanks!
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Yes, that’s correct. So for port 88, enter this number from start to finish for both internal and external. Be sure to do this for all the ports that need to be open.

TCP is internal and UDP is external. It’s important that all these ports are consistent - they can’t be mixed or anything, and each and every port number needs to be entered individually.

There’s a similar thread on the EA forums discussing FIFA and a BT Smart Hub router. Page 3 is helpful and there’s a few replies that explain this in more detail, so I’ve linked this:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/...rts-ports-updated-again-november-12th-2020/p3

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Port Forwarding Numbers Help For Router. - Similar Threads - Port Forwarding Numbers

2. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  6. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  7. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  8. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....