Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW

Discus and support Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am clearly signed in and have played many hours on my xbox. When I've downloaded and installed my game on my PC and try to start it it just keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jay p the mann, Nov 27, 2017.

  1. Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW


    I am clearly signed in and have played many hours on my xbox. When I've downloaded and installed my game on my PC and try to start it it just keeps giving me "profile required" when I launch it from my signed in xbox app or my signed in microsoft store app!

    :)
     
    jay p the mann, Nov 27, 2017
    #1
  2. guyinazo
    guyinazo Guest
    Play anywhere question

    This has to do with SoW, but also Play Anywhere. I bought the disc of Shadow of War when it released. For Play Anywhere, can I use the disc or does it have to be the digital version?

    Thanks
     
    guyinazo, Nov 27, 2017
    #2
  3. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Sea of thieves CD, i can't play on computer ?

    Play anywhere only counts for digital purchased games.

    Discs won't work in your PC.
     
    CrazY1985, Nov 27, 2017
    #3
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

    Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW

    Sorry to hear it. Was the game purchased on your account or is it shared? Only the purchasing account can use a play anywhere title on the pc.
     
    onyxishere, Nov 27, 2017
    #4
  5. onyxishere Win User

    Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW

    Sorry to hear it. Was the game purchased on your account or is it shared? Only the purchasing account can use a play anywhere title on the pc.
  6. FTM99 Win User

    We Want Answers !!!

    I just want a gaming console i can plug in and play ,,i move my 360 a lot and from what i gather ,,the "one" won't be able to do that .

    SOW ,use rich formatting
  7. ArminatorX Win User

    can i download Xbox software to my desktop PC?

    What particular games are you talking about?

    There are "Xbox Play Anywhere" titles, which are released both on Xbox One and PC. So if you buy it once on Xbox One or PC, you can play it on both.

    However, not all Xbox games are "Play Anywhere" titles. A list of
    Play Anywhere games that work both on Xbox and Windows 10 PC is here
    .

    If it's not a Play Anywhere title, you won't be able to play that Xbox game on your PC. And Play Anywhere also only works as a download. You can't use the Xbox disc on your PC to play the game.

    As for compatibility with modern Joysticks: As long as the game supports DirectInput (which almost all modern games use), you should be good.
  8. Smwutches Win User

    Will it transfer?

    Unfortunately you have to own the game digitally in order for Play Anywhere to work. It won't work with a disc.
  9. choppyseize Win User

    Games with Gold applying to PC

    Only play anywhere titles can be played on PC. Unfortunately that game won't work since it's not on the list.
Thema:

Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW

Loading...
  1. Xbox play anywhere won't work with SOW - Similar Threads - play anywhere won't

  2. Disc to digital to Xbox play anywhere issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital to Xbox play anywhere issue: Black ops 6 disc has been converted to digital. Game now shows up on my computer in the Xbox app. It installs fine and launches as it should. When I go to launch zombies, MP, or SP, I am greeted...
  3. Xbox Play Anywhere issues with Disc-to-Digital.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Play Anywhere issues with Disc-to-Digital.: I’ve recently claimed some games that are Xbox Play Anywhere (No Man’s Sky, Sea of Thieves, and Resident Evil Village) through the disc-to-digital program. On PC, it says I own it through the...
  4. Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...: I really wanted to Pre-order The Blood of Dawnwalker, but since there was no physical release for PC (basically, no love for PC physical), I went with Onimusha. But, I am wondering, if I order a...
  5. Xbox suddenly wont play Dolby Vision content on Vudu or Movies Anywhere

    in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly wont play Dolby Vision content on Vudu or Movies Anywhere: My Xbox Series X has had no issues with Dolby Vision playback for streaming until the last 3 days. Suddenly it will click over to DV on VUDU and Movies Anywhere but right before playback it will...
  6. I have forza 4 in disc... its a play anywhere title... will it work in the Rog Xbox Ally X ?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have forza 4 in disc... its a play anywhere title... will it work in the Rog Xbox Ally X ?: I own forza 4 in disc... its a play anywhere title... will it work in the Rog Xbox Ally X ? so this is probably a feature request... if I have a play anywhere game in disc format... will the Rog...
  7. Xbox Play Anywhere Expansion

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere Expansion: Hello, I’m starting this thread to simply reiterate the need to expand Xbox Play Anywhere. Conceptually, Play Anywhere is possibly the best and most consumer friendly thing that Xbox has ever...
  8. Save data issues with Xbox Play Anywhere - GamePass PC

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Save data issues with Xbox Play Anywhere - GamePass PC: I played Sea of the Stars in the xbox app in my Asus Rog Ally for a couple hours on a flight. When I connected to WiFi my progress disappeared! I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened...
  9. I need help with one of my xbox play anywhere title ( resident evil 7) keep crashing on pc.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with one of my xbox play anywhere title ( resident evil 7) keep crashing on pc.: Hi xbox ommunity, I hope you guys and girls are doing well so I recntly build my first gaming pc and I wanted to try resident evil 7 on my pc, so here is the issue, when I launch the game it works...
  10. Xbox Play Anywhere & Mod Space for Skyrim

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere & Mod Space for Skyrim: Please get Skyrim & Dragon’s Dogma 1 & 2 on the list for Xbox Play Anywhere games. Also, I’d love to see the mod space uncapped for Skyrim, especially with this resurgence of paid mods. It feels...