Xbox Play Anywhere requiring me to pay for a game I already own.

Discus and support Xbox Play Anywhere requiring me to pay for a game I already own. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On another microsoft account i own the game ASTRONEER. I had purchased a digital copy for this on xbox. On the play anywhere site it says that I own... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SeaLand_, Jul 13, 2022.

1. SeaLand_
    SeaLand_ Guest

On another microsoft account i own the game ASTRONEER. I had purchased a digital copy for this on xbox. On the play anywhere site it says that I own the game.

However, if I try to download it onto my PC, while on the account that owns the game, then it is asking me to either purchase gamepass or to buy the game again.

edit - after looking at astroneer on the microsoft store app on PC it says I can install the game without paying. However, whenever I try to it says there is an issue at the microsoft end. Nevermind a quick restart of the microsoft store allows me to download it. But it is still confusing how the xbox play anywhere site takes me to the xbox app to download the game, where i am asked to pay, but it is available on the microsoft store. Also just noticed that it says I am downloading it on the xbox app aswell as microsoft store but both are at different percentages.

:)

SeaLand_, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

the xbox app is just a front, the xbox app still uses the store for its downloading.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SeaLand_, sometimes this can be a bug in the Xbox App, and it's not identifying that you own the game license.

For the App to work properly your system must always be with the latest system versions installed, the Updated Games Service and also the Xbox App Companion, because they work in conjunction with the system.

When this happens, you can also check if you can install the game directly from the App from the Xbox store.

Just be logged in with the same account, and then go to your Library and do the filter by games, will appear all the games you can install on your PC.
  4. t3rm1nat0r626 Win User

buying a game i already bought

I'm having a similar issue. I own minecraft on xbox, and it is an xbox play anywhere title right? anyways I can't play it on pc for some reason... It even let me install it on pc but it wouldn't allow me to play, it just sent me to the windows store to buy
    the game that i already own on xbox.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

play anywhere game I own asking me to pay for windows version

Forza 7 came with my xbox. It is listed as a play anywhere game, so i'm trying to put it on my windows computer since the xbox stopped working. Unfortunately, the store doesn't recognize that i already own the game. Any help?
    Do you have a physical or digital copy of Forza 7? The only Xbox One bundles i could find are ones that come with a physical copy of Forza 7.

The reason i ask is because if its a physical copy then this is why its asking you to buy it again for PC. Only the digital copies of eligible games would be play anywhere.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Steam Games on Xbox

Hi, If you want to play the Xbox One version of the games you own on Steam, then you will have to pay for them again. None of the purchases will transfer over to the new console. Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to games purchased digitally from the Microsoft
    store on Windows 10 or Xbox One.

The full list of Xbox Play Anywhere games can be found here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav
Thema:

1. Xbox Play Anywhere requiring me to pay for a game I already own. - Similar Threads - Play Anywhere requiring

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere"

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere": Title says it all. Its been 2 years. submitted by /u/RedditGojiraX [link] [comments]
  4. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?: Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old...
  5. Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC: For instance Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is play anywhere. I buy the game thru Xbox so will I be forced to pay for a subscription for online while on PC or is there no paywall...
  6. pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s: when i start my game on pc, it tells me to choose between local save, cloud save, or choose next time. when i choose local or next time, i get my most recent save. when i save my game and exit and...
  7. Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc: Hi so I would like to play using the xbox play anywhere on my pc the option is not available since I can't install the windows anivessary upadte I have tried everything but the upadate dosn6t show...
  8. Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?: This is a bit difficult to explain, but we recently got an Xbox for the first time in order to play starfield when it comes out. I would also like be able to play the game on my windows 11 PC when...
  9. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  10. Xbox play anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox play anywhere: I own most of the re remakes (2,3,4) and I was wondering if I could get them through Xbox play anywhere b4417e95-83f0-4e52-9dc4-8f5442be8860