Xbox picture/sound problems

Discus and support Xbox picture/sound problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having some weird issues with my Xbox series x. It started with a weird green/red bar at the bottom of my screen during cuts scenes in halo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stmaniac, May 12, 2022.

1. Stmaniac
    Stmaniac Guest

I have been having some weird issues with my Xbox series x. It started with a weird green/red bar at the bottom of my screen during cuts scenes in halo 4 and also was having graphic glitches with both 4 and 5. In addition to that my Xbox graphic settings change every time I do a full shut down and the picture cuts during the Xbox intro. I thought it would help if I unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds. It seems to only be a temporary fix. In the long run it seems to be making things worse. Every time I plug in the power cord into the Xbox it makes this weird reving sound. Is this normal. If I need to record it I will. Sorry for the long post and I hope I am making sense.

:)

Stmaniac, May 12, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Stmaniac! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry you've been experiencing issues with your console.

To be completely honest. it sounds like your console might be experiencing some hardware issues and for that, it would need to be serviced. Still, I'd suggest going over the following steps in case there's something you haven't tried yet:

- Use a different HDMI cord.

- Use a different HDMI port on your TV.

- Plug your Xbox's HDMI cord directly to the TV.

(This only applies if it's being routed through an adapter/hub/splitter)

- Turn your TV's HDR off, and any other special viewing modes.

- Reset your TV's video settings to default.

- Use a different TV

- Remove all external devices from the console's USB ports.

- Make sure your console's display override is set to "Auto-detect"

- Do a factory reset to refresh the console's OS.

* If you already tried most or all of these steps, then I'd suggest issuing a service order for your console.

Do you know if your console is still under warranty? if your console is under warranty, repairs would be free of cost. Xbox consoles typically have a warranty period of 1 year after purchase, although this may vary depending on your country of residence. The best way to know for sure if your console is under warranty is by registering it at the link below.

• If you want to check your warranty status and/or issue a service order, click on the next link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Once you have registered your console, click on "See details" and start a service order from the "Device coverage" section.

NOTE: even if your console is no longer under warranty, you could still issue a paid service order for it. Out-of-warranty costs can be found at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. Wrostek Win User

TV Signal Freezes

I noticed the same problem on mine, I have my computer attached via HDMI and the picture was freezing... Turns out the problem was that if xbox does not detect any sound coming in from the HDMI in, it freezes the picture. When sound resumes, the picture
    resumes as well. So my solution till they fix it is to play a 'silent' wav file in the background on my computer, and the freezing stops.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Hdmi picture but no sound problem

Hey there Twang03!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  5. stephanneish Win User

I had the same issue, I was able to fix it by enabling the display discovery

these are the steps:

>settings>system>console settings>display>display discovery>enable
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox picture/sound problems - Similar Threads - picture sound problems

2. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  3. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  4. dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s: hi, I found a hdmi/display port cord and nothing is turning up. is my monitor just too old? it could also be the console, as I don't have anything else to plug it in to see lol thank you for any...
  5. Friend can’t have custom profile pictures

in XboX Insiders
    Friend can’t have custom profile pictures: My friends account is stuck as a child account and even though he can play 18+ games he can’t do things like changing his profile picture to a custom one is there anyway to fix this? submitted by...
  6. Xbox can use gun pictures but I can’t?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox can use gun pictures but I can’t?: I got banned for my gamer pic. It was guy fiery with a gun, why would I be suspended for that when Xbox has multiple guns in their default gamer pictures? They also suspended me for having Alex...
  7. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  8. My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...: If you know anything i can do please email me at ******* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c5a7dd2c-305b-43f9-8078-587ee1afe213
  9. Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a: The graphics were very impressive and exactly how it was meant to be, however, now the graphics are terrible compared to beforehand and I’m not quite sure how to get it back again. The games still...
  10. Hello I’ve been comms banned for a year for a profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello I’ve been comms banned for a year for a profile picture: Hello I’ve been communication banned for a year over a profile pic that isn’t even bad d67f8a14-dc0d-492e-873d-1eac27388777