Xbox peripherals, randomly disconnecting or lagging. Playing my Xbox has become unbearable.

Discus and support Xbox peripherals, randomly disconnecting or lagging. Playing my Xbox has become unbearable. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I hope this is the right place to submit my problem. The Xbox report a problem sent me to this subreddit. The Problem: I could be playing for 10... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ezmode151, Mar 15, 2023.

1. /u/ezmode151
    /u/ezmode151 Guest

Xbox peripherals, randomly disconnecting or lagging. Playing my Xbox has become unbearable.

I hope this is the right place to submit my problem. The Xbox report a problem sent me to this subreddit.

The Problem: I could be playing for 10 minutes or an hour but at least every session I end up having a controller and Xbox wireless headset issues. The controller will either disconnect or it will work stop working for 3 seconds, work for 1 second, stop and start again. At the same time my game audio and chat audio start to come in slow motion. When my controller disconnects I can not reconnect it without a full reset (“reset console”). In fact the issue will not be resolved without a reset.

It’s very frustrating to continue buying into the ecosystem (Xbox headset, new series X control, etc.) and things not work. Frankly it’s embarrassing how much better my friends fortnight experience is on a handheld device (switch).

This has been going on for weeks. The accessories say no updates available and my last Xbox update was a few days ago. I’ve tried fully charging my headset and new batteries in my controller. I’m out of options.

I’m on a Xbox One X

submitted by /u/ezmode151
    [link] [comments]

/u/ezmode151, Mar 15, 2023
  2. RAF687 Win User

Disconnecting frequently

Men, it's becoming unbearable! I'm disconnecting in less than 5 minutes after the login. Plus, last time I was disconnected while redeeming my Dirt Showdown VIP pass. Guess what: THE CODE HAS BECOME INVALID BEFORE I COULD DOWNLOAD IT!!
  3. Mafivee Win User

Weirdest consistent lag I've ever dealt with

Every now and then the lag will become unbearable to the point where quitting is the only decent option.
  4. Luis Suarez l7l Win User

Xbox live has become unbearable!

Also when i do a connection test all that comes up is a service alert for matchmaking surely that shouldn't stop me from going online alltogether?
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Xbox live has become unbearable!

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that
    light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox. If the problem persists, please send us the info we need so we may work on this further:

How many Xboxen do you have connected?

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/default.aspx shows how to check the UPnP settings for many, many makes and
    models of routers, gateways and hotspots. Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

What is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
  6. DarknessRises Win User

Interent Connection is Dropping for Live

I am seriously becoming annoyed by this... It is now randomly lagging my games online and then disconnecting me... I am pretty sure its the console because I had my old one going and it has no disconnects, all ports are forwarded and NAT is Open.

I cannot use my Xbox with wired as my house is huge and the modem/router is on the other complete side of the house compared to my room. I would have to carry my TV and Xbox about 50 ft and plug it into another room just to use wired. So wired is out of
    the question on this.
Thema:

1. Xbox peripherals, randomly disconnecting or lagging. Playing my Xbox has become unbearable. - Similar Threads - peripherals randomly disconnecting

2. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  5. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  6. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  7. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  8. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  9. Xbox and fighting games peripherals?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox and fighting games peripherals?: I have Xbox for many years, but for a long time I was hooked on fighting games and I love the genre, I loved seeing how games I couldn't play on my fighting Xbox One were reaching the new...
  10. Xbox and fighting games peripherals

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox and fighting games peripherals: I have Xbox for many years, but for a long time I was hooked on fighting games and I love the genre, I loved seeing how games I couldn't play on my fighting Xbox One were reaching the new...