XBOX PC GAMEPASS: I can't install a game on my USB harddrive

Discus and support XBOX PC GAMEPASS: I can't install a game on my USB harddrive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When in my XBOX app I followed this path: Settings > General > Change where this app installs games by default. I changed the setting to my D external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DullMrKitten, Sep 29, 2022.

1. DullMrKitten
    DullMrKitten Guest

When in my XBOX app I followed this path: Settings > General > Change where this app installs games by default. I changed the setting to my D external drive, and when I go to install a game, the only option available is my C drive. Whenever I restart my XBOX app the setting changes back to C default.

XBOX PC GAMEPASS: I can't install a game on my USB harddrive [​IMG]

:)

DullMrKitten, Sep 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DullMrKitten

Can you double check if the D: drive is already formatted as NTFS?

I ask this because most of the Xbox PC games has this requirement

Do it opening File Explorer > my computer > right click on D: drive > properties > next to file system

-----------

If everything looks good, try Reinstalling Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  3. TheStrangerZone Win User

Games and Apps don't work

Thank you for reply, after resetting my console I realized every game and app stored on my harddrive won't work and i can't install games on my harddrive but the issue seems to be my harddrive, which is a Xbox harddrive. Not sure if you guys can still
    help me or recommend who i can ask for help.
  4. Kosmonavt61 Win User

Multiplayer problem

I can't install games to my harddrive anymore. It starts installing and then tells me the disk is unreadable.
  5. BrawnyThebaugh Win User

What is the Different between Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass

So what if you install them to a harddrive and your Gamepass expires but you keep your xbox off line.
  6. BrunoMachado8 Win User

Stardew Valley - Xbox Cloud Saves

I have gamepass installed on my PC, but when i try to play it using cloud gaming on the same PC my save is not there, both appear to be running version 1.5.. any ideas?
    Cloud gaming uses a xbox one to run the games, so it can't sync the saves
Thema:

1. XBOX PC GAMEPASS: I can't install a game on my USB harddrive - Similar Threads - GAMEPASS can't install

2. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  3. I can't disable notifications for GamePass Rewards program.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't disable notifications for GamePass Rewards program.: I want to turn off notifications regarding GamePass Rewards program. I'm displeased with how MS is handling it and just want it to go away. But I can't' seem to disable the notification that pops...
  4. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  5. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  6. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  7. I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.: I was experiencing slow download speeds, then i decided to leave the xbox insider preview. After this happened the xbox app broke. Everytime i try to download a Gamepass game on it stops without...
  8. Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?: I bought fallout 4 game of the year edition on my xbox through my ultimate game pass subscription. I have been playing it on the xbox but now would like to play at my computer. When I select...
  9. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  10. I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...: English: I can't install any Ubisoft game listed on the Gamepass. Before install the game, properly, it always order me to install Ubisoft Connect even when it's already installed. Well, I install...