Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off.

Discus and support Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is a recurring issue that I've delt with for months now. I have automatic updates turned off, yet games (Forza Horizon 5 in this case) started... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KenwayCreed, Mar 3, 2022.

1. KenwayCreed
    KenwayCreed Guest

Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off.

This is a recurring issue that I've delt with for months now. I have automatic updates turned off, yet games (Forza Horizon 5 in this case) started updating in the background, even without opening the Xbox (PC Game Pass) app or the Microsoft Store.

Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off. [​IMG]

I work from a VPN on this computer, so when an update starts, it throttles my bandwidth and makes working impossible. This happens with every game whenever there is an update.

How can I stop this? I have deselected the any automatic update option yet this still happens.

Also, there isn't a way to limit the max bandwidth of downloads in this app. I've tried settings the system download settings on Windows but that only applies to windows updates.

:)

KenwayCreed, Mar 3, 2022
  2. KenwayCreed Win User

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎11/‎29/‎2021

OS build 22000.527

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.527.0
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Kenway, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store and make sure that after completing these updates the automatic update does not occur.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Auto update question

If you check Settings > System > Updates, you should see options (in checkboxes) to enable automatic updating.

From what I can tell by these options, only system updates are applied after the console is turned off, even when in energy-saving mode. Game/App updates can be automatically downloaded in the background, but only while the console is turned on.

Some people say that games and apps are automatically updated while the console is turned off in "Instant-On" mode, but I can't find any exact confirmation on this now.
  5. XBF - Dom Win User

PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off

Hello SpaghettiPolicy,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

First, I suggest checking for updates for your machine as this may alleviate the issues you are having all together.

For the first issue about the automatic updates, can you verify that the Xbox app and the gaming services are updated to the latest versions? You can find that by following these steps:

Open the Xbox App
    Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select "Settings"
    Select "About" on the left panel

The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0
    Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

While in the settings of the Xbox app, I also suggest selecting the "Automatically launch app at startup" check box so the Xbox App doesn't launch and start performing operations before you launch it.

Can you also verify whether or not you're an Xbox Insider using a different version of the Xbox app?

For the "card is about to expire" issue, we are currently investigating and will update as any troubleshooting steps or information is provided.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How to connect external hard drive?

"I noticed my HDD blinks off and on whenever the xbox console is turned off."

In the console settings, there is an option to turn off the external storage when you turn off the console, so make sure you enable that. Even with that option enabled though, if a new dashboard/game/app update is released, that will get pushed to your console
    automatically (if you have automatic updates enabled), so the hard drive will turn on to enable that content to be downloaded, then it'll turn off again when it's done. Also, if you buy a game via Xbox.com or SmartGlass, the hard drive will turn on and the
    console will download the game, then it'll turn off again.

That said, there does appear to be a bug in the latest preview dashboard that causes your external hard drive to turn on and off repeatedly while the console is off, even though it's not downloading anything, so be wary of that. I've reported the issue and
    it's been acknowledged by MS staff.
Thema:

1. Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off. - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  3. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  4. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  5. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  6. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  7. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  8. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  9. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...
  10. What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...: I request please add gta v and rdr 2 in xbox game pass app a1df3992-4a61-4c94-834e-e5ecc75c2c38