Xbox PC/Game Bar not picking up mic

Discus and support Xbox PC/Game Bar not picking up mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've done all the troubleshooting you can find online, including making sure, including time and daylight savings is set to auto, nothing is working.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItzTheDay, Mar 16, 2023.

1. ItzTheDay
    ItzTheDay Guest

I've done all the troubleshooting you can find online, including making sure, including time and daylight savings is set to auto, nothing is working. Everything other app that is allowed to use my mic, works. Xbox for PC/Game Bar is the only app that is not picking up my mic.

:)

ItzTheDay, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to follow the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. CattyMeowy4Community Win User

Xbox Companion Streaming Microphone Not Working

I'm pretty sure that the Xbox Console Companion app is now outdated. You should probably use the new Xbox app.

Is your issue related to using your mic in the actual app or your mic using Game Bar?

Game Bar party chat is much better than the app's built-in party chat and will most definitely pick up your mic.

(You can activate Game Bar by pressing Win + G)

You can also change your default mic in the Settings in the Sound tab.
  4. pasqualeeno Win User

Xbox Game Bar Picks Up Mic But Not Party Chat

Hi!

I suggest you to check your Microsoft Account privacy settings. In details:

Login to https://account.xbox.com/settings and be sure the following settings under the tab Privacy are on Allow or Everyone/Friends:

• You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text
    • Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites
    I hope it helps :)

Regards
  5. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  6. Sandtrooper66 Win User

mic is not picking up in game

Are other players not able to hear you or can you not hear other players?
Thema:

1. Xbox PC/Game Bar not picking up mic - Similar Threads - Game Bar picking

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...
  5. Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it: My microphone is connected however Game Bar only picks up audio when I have it open on screen. submitted by /u/Kingdaddysalmon [link] [comments]
  6. Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...: It woluld let me talk to them before but now it wont let me speak without overlaying game bar submitted by /u/TigzCalamity [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls: In clips, my microphone is not being picked up, even though I have it set to pick up mic+game+system audio. It will pick up the audio from my games, and other people in my Discord calls, but not...
  8. Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party: So my mic shows it work on the audio slider etc but if i join a party my mic is auto muted i try to unmute and nothing i cant talk this randomly started yesterday i tried everything i cant get it...
  9. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does: “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive...
  10. Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings: I'm having troubles with xbox game bar's "record last 30 seconds" system, My microphone clearly works over discord and even in xbox parties over the app so I'm entirely lost on why it won't pick...