Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function

Discus and support Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is an issue that has been plaguing this device for years as seen by old forum posts: 1)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cloud2319, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Cloud2319
    Cloud2319 Guest

Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function

This is an issue that has been plaguing this device for years as seen by old forum posts:

1) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-windows-disconnecting/1b26971e-c653-47e6-8762-7887a04cc32f

2) https://xbox-forums.com/threads/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-for-windows-has-to-be-unplugged-and-replugged-each-time-i-wake-my.449775/

I've tried all of the steps in responses from support on those two threads with minimal success.

I would love some additional help if there is a more recent solution other than sending me a replacement unit...

:)

Cloud2319, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Cloud2319 Win User

See my answers inline in BOLD

Hello ,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are looking for solutions on how to make sure your Xbox Adapter cease from disconnecting to your computer. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

According to your description, you have added resources that you have followed to achieve the resolution of your concern as this issue is happening every after sleep of the computer. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we know if your computer is customized? Is this Windows 10 or Windows 11?
      1. Windows 10
    2. May we ask if you are using a Personal Computer or laptop? Do you have peripherals connected to your computer (peripherals: mouse, keyboard, headset or external hard drive)?
      1. PC with peripherals
    3. Are these peripherals connected to your computer wired or wireless?
      1. The Keyboard/mouse are wired, my headset is wireless
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
      1. It's always been this way for over a year
    5. Do you happen to have issue with your controller being wired connect and got disconnected after sleep mode of your computer?
      1. My controller has no issues when wired
    6. To make sure we are on the same page, did you happen to purchase Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 | Xbox from Microsoft Store or authorized retailers?
      1. I purchased it from Amazon and it was "Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows" but the product details page is gone.
    There could be possibility that you may need your computer, drivers and apps to be up-to-date. Sometimes, the interference comes from the devices around the computer and that may have caused your disconnection. Otherwise, we will seek the answer as we go further with your concern.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Cloud2319,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are looking for solutions on how to make sure your Xbox Adapter cease from disconnecting to your computer. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

According to your description, you have added resources that you have followed to achieve the resolution of your concern as this issue is happening every after sleep of the computer. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we know if your computer is customized? Is this Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    2. May we ask if you are using a Personal Computer or laptop? Do you have peripherals connected to your computer (peripherals: mouse, keyboard, headset or external hard drive)?
    3. Are these peripherals connected to your computer wired or wireless?
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    5. Do you happen to have issue with your controller being wired connect and got disconnected after sleep mode of your computer?
    6. To make sure we are on the same page, did you happen to purchase Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 | Xbox from Microsoft Store or authorized retailers?
    There could be possibility that you may need your computer, drivers and apps to be up-to-date. Sometimes, the interference comes from the devices around the computer and that may have caused your disconnection. Otherwise, we will seek the answer as we go further with your concern.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Cloud2319,

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Based on your description, there is a possibility that this is a hardware or else compatibility issue. However, we need to make sure if we have isolated this issue well.

May we ask if you have tried to connect this adapter to another device and test if issue persist?

May we know when did you purchase the Xbox adapter?

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

5. HarleyBrown Win User

Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

Old Post, same issue. I have to unplug and replug in my adapter almost every reboot. Is MS really not aware of this? Is there truely no work around?

The 360 controller adapter is cheaper and works reliably 100% of the time. I just don't understand why this hasn't been addressed.
  6. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

For pairing problems, as I mentioned above one quick and easy way to get the device paired is to plug in an adapter, then plug in your controller through a wired USB. The driver stack will automatically pair it to the plugged in adapter so that when you
    unplug the wired controller, it will bind to the adapter. This is exactly how it is on the Xbox console.

Regarding not syncing after say a reboot, please bear in mind though that the controller can only "remember" one adapter at a time, which means plugging in to a console or binding/pairing to a console or to another PC adapter, will erase the controller's
    memory of the adapter it was originally bound to.

Usually if the controller has not been repaired, an unplug/replug of the adapter is enough to reset it.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function - Similar Threads - Controller Adapter Requires

2. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  4. adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once

in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once: I currently have my adaptive controller set up as a right-handed fight stick because you can't find any of those in a store. They are hooked up to buttons using Spade connectors and then the...
  5. Adaptive Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Controller: Hello, I am currently looking for a controller that my sister with cerebral palsy can use. We have an xbox series X. I see the xbox adaptive controller but it says it is for xbox one. Is it...
  6. Xbox adaptive controller copilot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller copilot: I have CP. I only game on PC. It is hard to hit the 2 trigger buttons, that is why I got the adaptive controller. I own the Gamesir T4 Kaleid. I want to use it as my copilot and map the triggers...
  7. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  8. Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...: The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization. I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive controller accessories app or standard...
  9. Dpad north south east west labels unclear on adaptive controller.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dpad north south east west labels unclear on adaptive controller.: The main problem with the north south east west labels on the Adaptive controller is that depending on what angle and orientation you read it from north south east and west on the d-pad is very...
  10. Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?: Where do you find the Microsoft Joystick thingy that looks like a wii chuck controller? its amazing what MS have done with this accessibility controller and options but I can't easily find where...