Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function

Discus and support Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is an issue that has been plaguing this device for years as seen by old forum posts: 1)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cloud2319, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Cloud2319
    Cloud2319 Guest

Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function

This is an issue that has been plaguing this device for years as seen by old forum posts:

1) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-windows-disconnecting/1b26971e-c653-47e6-8762-7887a04cc32f

2) https://xbox-forums.com/threads/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-for-windows-has-to-be-unplugged-and-replugged-each-time-i-wake-my.449775/

I've tried all of the steps in responses from support on those two threads with minimal success.

I would love some additional help if there is a more recent solution other than sending me a replacement unit...

:)

Cloud2319, Sep 21, 2022
  2. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

For pairing problems, as I mentioned above one quick and easy way to get the device paired is to plug in an adapter, then plug in your controller through a wired USB. The driver stack will automatically pair it to the plugged in adapter so that when you
    unplug the wired controller, it will bind to the adapter. This is exactly how it is on the Xbox console.

Regarding not syncing after say a reboot, please bear in mind though that the controller can only "remember" one adapter at a time, which means plugging in to a console or binding/pairing to a console or to another PC adapter, will erase the controller's
    memory of the adapter it was originally bound to.

Usually if the controller has not been repaired, an unplug/replug of the adapter is enough to reset it.
  3. HarleyBrown Win User

Old Post, same issue. I have to unplug and replug in my adapter almost every reboot. Is MS really not aware of this? Is there truely no work around?

The 360 controller adapter is cheaper and works reliably 100% of the time. I just don't understand why this hasn't been addressed.
  4. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One Windows 10 Wireless Adapter Issues

To the OPs problem for no sound and no vibration that should be fixed with the latest driver updates.

For pairing, how are you pairing the controller? I have mentioned this on other posts, one easy alternate way to pair is to have your controller connected wired to the PC, plug in the Wireless Adapter to the PC as well, wait like 5 seconds, and unplug the
    controller, the driver stack will automatically have paired the controller to the adapter, just like on the Xbox.

Once you pair the controller successfully and never use that controller for any other PC or Xbox, then the address of the adapter is saved in the controller. Repairing to the same adapter is not required. If it is not connecting, plug/unplug the adapter
    instead to reset the adapter.

We are working with our partners to address some of the major issues.
  5. Pr3ying M4nti5 Win User

I am having exactly the same problem as you ChaiKootha and it is driving me absolutely nuts. It doesn't happen for me on every power cycle. It seems to happen after the computer has been left shut down for a good few hours. Almost like some charge inside
    the adapter goes out and then it forgets the controller's connection to the PC. It is very immersion breaking having to unplug and replug the adapter everytime this happens to get the controller to resync. I am wondering if you ever managed to resolve this?
  6. Darksnake11sp Win User

Xbox controller vibrates randomly

What happens when you unplug and replug the Xbox controller, I have ever had this problem on Rocket League Pc, when I was in boost, the Xbox controller didn't vibrate
Thema:

1. Xbox PC Controller Adapter Requires being unplugged/replugged every wake from sleep to function - Similar Threads - Controller Adapter Requires

2. Xbox Series X Controller suddenly not pairing to wireless adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller suddenly not pairing to wireless adapter.: I have been using my Series X controller with my Windows 10 pc for about a year now. All of a sudden it will not pair with the wireless adapter. It pairs just fine with the adapter when plugged...
  3. Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring.: I understand all single input controllers have 2 wires, a signal and a ground. To make a standard button compatible with 3.5 mm TRS connectors, there are 3 regions where the signal and ground can...
  4. Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming: If I get an Xbox adaptive controller and have a setup that works with it, if I were to plug it into a device that converts modern controllers into older controller inputs, like for example Brook...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller: My Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller. My Wireless Xbox adapter was working fine, until one day it stopped connecting to the controller. I have figured out that there is...
  6. Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter: Hello, I am posting here because I have no idea where to ask for help, Microsoft support is useless. Anyways here it goes: For a long time I am been using DS4 with my PC. While it works great,...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...: Come on Microsoft fix this or I will keep ordering controller and then asking for a refund indefinitely. After the last windows update, the controller stopped working. It connects to the dongle...
  8. Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup: Every time i shut my pc off and turn it back on, and try to turn on my xbox controller, it blinks indefinitely as if not connected. but then when i unplug the adapter and plug it back in the...
  9. Brook XB adapter requiring controller update with Alpha Skipahead

in XboX Insiders
    Brook XB adapter requiring controller update with Alpha Skipahead: Brook Wingman XB adapter is once again saying it requires an update with the Alpha Skip Ahead. Does not require update on retail OS version. This is blocking people like me from using a Taito...
  10. Adaptative controller XAC requirements

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptative controller XAC requirements: I plan to buy Adaptative Controller and I want to figure out my requirements. 1- On RT and LT what's the potentiometer ohms value I should use with 3.5mm jack? 2- If I use XAC with Copilot and...