Xbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives

Discus and support Xbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently got the Xbox game pass and installed the Xbox app. I have a small SSD (C:) where pretty much only the OS and a couple programs are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bathroomtile, Jun 8, 2021.

1. bathroomtile
    bathroomtile Guest

I recently got the Xbox game pass and installed the Xbox app. I have a small SSD (CXbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives :) where pretty much only the OS and a couple programs are installed, and a large HDD (DXbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives :) where everything else is installed.

The xbox app install went normally, and then I downloaded and installed Sea of Thieves to the D: drive normally and played it for two days.

Today, on the third day, the game doesn't appear on my library. In "manage installs", it says there's no game installed, and if I go to the Sea of Thieves store page and hit "install", the only option it gives me is disk C:.

The game shortcut is still on my desktop, and clicking it I'm able to go through the splash screen and company logos until the black screen with the loading icon in the bottom corner, where it gets stuck loading.

This happened suddenly without me doing any changes to computer settings.

Everything else on disk D: is working as usual.

I've tried restarting the PC and reinstalling the Xbox app.

:)

bathroomtile, Jun 8, 2021
  2. bathroomtile Win User

I managed to solve this issue by tight clicking the Xbox app icon in the start menu, selecting "more", then "app settings". And then in the settings window, I clicked "Repair". This solved the issue when I reopened the app and SoT shows up in the library again.
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

4. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox 360 transfer cable

Yeah the hard drive is set for the Xbox 360 only and won't be recognized by the PC without a reformat.
  5. NewYork176 Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

The problem with this is my xbox won't recognize my hard drive. It states i need a storage hard drive.
  6. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives - Similar Threads - app suddenly won't

2. My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....: As mentioned, any app or other items, such as settings. just crash out completely. I see older questions similar to this, but I'm not seeing any real resolution. MS support used to be awesome a...
  3. Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App: They will play fine on their own, but are not showing in the xbox app. 1d46ad12-141e-4fa3-a8eb-fa920f05e645
  4. Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store: I've spent so much time on this issue for the past few days. I am unable to install games on my PC via the xbox app & the microsoft store. Microsoft store install button does nothing. I have...
  5. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  6. XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.: I have run into an issue where games through the XBOX App will load extremely slowly. For instance FORZA 5 will open its launch splash screen and take over 30 seconds to bring up another splash...
  7. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  8. My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...: In the last few hours of trying to find solutions I have discovered that the issue is coming from some way that the Gaming Services app interacts with the XBox app. I have tried a great number of...
  9. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...: Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it...
  10. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden: About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something...