XBOX PC App - Sign In Issues and Window Pop Ups

Discus and support XBOX PC App - Sign In Issues and Window Pop Ups in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the xbox pc game pass app, it does not keep me signed in. When I do sign it, there's a window that pops up repeatedly and will not stop.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Malachai Rose, Aug 31, 2022.

1. XBOX PC App - Sign In Issues and Window Pop Ups

When I open the xbox pc game pass app, it does not keep me signed in. When I do sign it, there's a window that pops up repeatedly and will not stop. When I am finally able to open a game, it will not let me sign into my account in the game. Even though I'm already signed in??

I've tried restarting my computer and uninstalling/reinstalling the xbox app several times.

Anybody else?

:)

Malachai Rose, Aug 31, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Malachai

Please try and double check this:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try

----------

If the issue persists try each option below:

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Alric1122 Win User

Can't sign in on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

for me the xbox beta PC app will open and when I click sign in, it signs me in with the correct account, and then I close the pop up window and the app is not signed in. I can hover over the sign in drop down and do it 500 times but it never actually lets
    me sign in.
  4. MarcDesforges Win User

Unable to Sign into the Xbox Console Companion Error (0x409) 0x80080300

I get the same issue but only on 1 pc, Reset Windows Stored app and Uninstalled and uninstalled Xbox Console Companion and stil unable to login (0x409) error.

Unfortunately, the resource you shared does not have a solution for the issue I am facing (basis the image above). Every time in click on the sign in button, there is a window that pops up for a fraction of a second and then disappears
    and the error code (0x409) 0x80080300 shows up below the sign in button.

Would you happen to have some other solutions for me to try?

Thank you in advance!
  5. BradleyThomas2006 Win User

Xbox 360 Not Downloading My Xbox Live Profile

Actually I Tried To Sign In On My Xbox 360 And Yes I Got Any Sort Of Security Pop Up Message (kind of) Saying
    "Sorry There's A Problem With The Credentials That You're Using To Sign In. Go To https://account.live.com To Fix The Problem." With The Code "801540A9" And My Account Only Works On My Windows 10 PC, Xbox One Console And on the Xbox App on Windows
    10 But Not On The Xbox 360.
  6. eric m5 Win User

Says i need an internet connection but i'm connected via lan cable

most sign ins work besides the pc game pass sign in and the minecraft microsoft login. it seems anything with a pop up window to sign in does not work
Thema:

1. XBOX PC App - Sign In Issues and Window Pop Ups - Similar Threads - App Sign Issues

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  5. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  6. Sign in loop in Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Sign in loop in Xbox App: My Xbox App on PC says "Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account". I go to settings and click sign in under Microsoft account used for Xbox and successfully do so but it just...
  7. i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...: what do i need to do to fix it or get it to let me sign in? 01dac490-f328-4a46-9103-672f782aa149
  8. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  9. Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in: Hello, I have an Xbox Elite Controller, and I need to use the app in order to rebind the controller and check for updates. I have not been able to sign into xbox live for months now. I get an...
  10. Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games: I haven't played any games with PC Game pass for a while before this but recently I really wanted to try Cities Skylines 2 but Xbox won't let me log in. It keeps on showing me error code...