xbox pc app not reconigsing installed games after pc reset

Discus and support xbox pc app not reconigsing installed games after pc reset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; recently reset my computer and had all my Xbox pc games installed, after the reset I reinstalled the app and now it does to recognize any of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by astano123, Dec 9, 2022.

1. astano123
    astano123 Guest

recently reset my computer and had all my Xbox pc games installed, after the reset I reinstalled the app and now it does to recognize any of the installed games

:)

astano123, Dec 9, 2022
  2. DanStroud Win User

Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error

Checked PC time and signed out of my account in the Xbox app. Also re-installed the Xbox app for good measure after a repair/reset. Managed to sign back in after reinstall. Loaded up the same game again to get the same result/error.
  3. REK 1 Win User

Xbox Game Bar

If on PC, make sure all Updates are installed, then UNINSTALL the app, UNPLUG ROUTER and wait 2 mins, after plug power back in for ROUTER and wait 2 more mins. RESTART the PC, then try to do a FRESH INSTALL, now plug controller into pc with a Micro
    USB cable. and see if any change If on console, go to SETTINGS, then CONSOLE INFO , then CONSOLE RESET, last thing is go to CONSOLE RESET, pick option to KEEP ALL GAMES and APPS, - console will restart - after restart do SET UP and now test
  4. MateusFontana Win User

error-code-0x80073D26 and Microsoft store all updates are stuck on pending.

I understand, in this case, try the solution below, please.

1. Go to the PC settings and select Apps.

2. On the Apps, search Gaming Services.

3. Click Gaming Services and click Advanced settings.

4. Under Advanced settings, select Reset.

5. Repeat the steps but this time with App Installer instead of Gaming Services.

6. Reboot the PC and you will be able to install/update gaming services as well as install Xbox for PC games.
  5. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

Can't Verify/Repair Game Files on Xbox PC App

Reset the Xbox PC App to its default settings and clear any issues that you were facing with the app. Please follow the steps to reset the Xbox PC App:

1. Close the Xbox PC App: Make sure the Xbox app is not running in the background. You can check this by looking for the app icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) and right-clicking to close it if it's running.

2. Uninstall the Xbox PC App:
    • Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Go to "Apps" or "Apps & features," depending on your Windows version.
    • Look for the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.
    • Click on the Xbox app and select "Uninstall."

3. Clear App Data (Optional):
    • After uninstalling the app, you can also manually delete any remaining app data. Open File Explorer, and in the address bar, type: %localappdata%\Packages
    • Look for a folder named something like "Microsoft.XboxApp" or "Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay."
    • Delete the folder if it's still there.

4. Reinstall the Xbox PC App:
    • To reinstall the Xbox app, open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Search for "Xbox" in the search bar.
    • Find the Xbox app in the search results and click on it.
    • Click the "Install" or "Get" button to reinstall the app.

5. Launch the app and sign in:
    • Open the Xbox app after the installation is complete.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account or Xbox Live account.
  6. Micro666 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Disappeared from library

I'm not resetting my entire PC for this. I shouldn't have to. My install was a clean install of Windows 10 updated to the anniversary update. I', a developer and have literally hundreds of programs installed, and also over 114 Windows Store apps (both 8.1
    and 10 apps).

It would take me many days to re-install all of my many applications, and get my PC configured to be "just right" again.

Also another reason for not wanting to reset my PC is that Windows Store apps are crap at backing up data. My family and I have a number of Windows Store games, that when the PC is reset will lost the game save data, as the game save data is stored within
    the apps install dir.

No way I'm resetting.... Come on Microsoft, get it fixed
Thema:

1. xbox pc app not reconigsing installed games after pc reset - Similar Threads - app reconigsing installed

2. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  3. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. Films & TV app not on Xbox store anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Films & TV app not on Xbox store anymore?: I have recently been trying to figure out how to watch the free season of Boruto I was gifted from my Game Pass Rewards but have yet to find a way. Decided to ask Google and everything is saying I...
  6. PC Xbox app doesn't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox app doesn't open: It's stuck at the logo I tried everything: -Repair/Reset Xbox app -Uninstall & Reinstall Xbox app, -Update Xbox App from store library, -Uninstall Xbox App & Install It from Xbox Website,...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  8. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  9. i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...: what do i need to do to fix it or get it to let me sign in? 01dac490-f328-4a46-9103-672f782aa149
  10. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app...