Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001

Discus and support Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, Had no issues until now. But now when I try to install any game. It gives me error and shows that ^ error code. It says to update windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toxillius, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Toxillius
    Toxillius Guest

Hello all,

Had no issues until now. But now when I try to install any game. It gives me error and shows that ^ error code. It says to update windows but mine is fully updated and tried reinstalling xbox app with no luck.

:)

Toxillius, Aug 26, 2022
  2. Noah_1337 Win User

[FIXED] Installation Error Microsoft Store (PC), Ori and the Will of the Wisps | 0x89235172 and 0x00000001

Hey! Reporting back I fixed my problem!

The solution in the Reddit post didn't work but what I did do was install the Xbox App. In doing so I was able to try and install the game in the App. This gave me another Error code (0x00000001). After looking it up I followed this troubleshooting guide:

https://notesread.com/how-to-fix-microsoft-flight-simulator-download-or-install-error-0x00000001/

For me Solution 3 worked. After Resetting my internet connection I was able to download and install the game on my PC!

Thank you for your fast reply and help.
  3. James_881XT Win User

Doom eternal has broken my game pass

I have gone through the steps, and rebooted my pc a few times, at one point I thought it worked since doom did not appear in the Microsoft store of xbox app, but after I tried to install a game to see if it worked Doom came back and stopped the install.

some of the error codes I get are

0x00000001

0x8000000b

0x803fb107
  4. T0MS M0M Win User

problem game pass ultimate pc error 0x00000001

I'm having the same exact issue. Every game I try to download gives me "Error code: 0x00000001". I've made sure both the app and my PC are up to date.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TOXILLIUS

May I know if you tried this?
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If yes, please tell me what else did you tried, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. CameronDulaney Win User

Minecraft bedrock won't install with launcher

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. The microsoft store won't allow me to install, the Xbox app allows me to begin the install but before I get to 1 percent it gives me error code 0x00000001 and my only option is to cancel the download.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001 - Similar Threads - app installing games

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  4. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  5. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  6. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  7. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  8. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...
  9. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  10. Xbox app will not let me choose anywhere to install new games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app will not let me choose anywhere to install new games: Hey there, No matter what I choose the xbox app gives me an error of "can't install to that location". I only have a C:\ drive, and it won't create its own default folder to install to, nor will...