Xbox PC app new update questions

Discus and support Xbox PC app new update questions in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4-mxDSz6I https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/microsoft-xbox-app-windows-folder-install-uwp-options... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Xbox PC app new update questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4-mxDSz6I

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/microsoft-xbox-app-windows-folder-install-uwp-options

According to these, the MS Store / Xbox App will finally allow users to access their game files and do basic stuff regarding them.

So to any Xbox Insiders, does this include things like ability to make backups of the games, or move game folders (both from within the app and manually given the restricted access to those folders), or even verify existing game files for a fresh installation? The last one is the most important imo especially for lost installations or low monthly data caps (I can just download a repack, install them, and then verify the files, I always do this for games on Steam to save data).

Also, any idea when the update rolls out? It's touted as a 'November Update' but the month is almost over.

submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Can Not Sign Into Games on Windows 8

Hi Box,

As your PC is a new one, have you made sure it is fully updated?

In addition to installing all new updates, I would suggest checking out our
    Xbox apps on Windows 8
    troubleshooting guide, and following the recommended solutions listed there.

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does Microsoft plan to support it's own XBox Controller firmware on the Xbox Accessories app (PC)?

There might be an update to the Xbox Accessories app on the PC. Check using the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10/11. The app on the PC should then be able to recognize the new firmware of the Elite Controller.
  4. o0DrPietr0o Win User

Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with the A button

SOLVED

Xbox Accessories App have new feature to update firmware from PC. This fix the problem. Connection with app have to be via cable.
  5. DanVG Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Brings Up Xbox Game Bar If You Press A Button

Hello, there is no update firmware function on the Xbox Accessories app on your pc, which is a known problem. When will a new version of the app correct this? Thanks!
  6. xBlack Love Win User

What if the xbox included in win10 system cannot open Microsoft Store

I would personally try troubleshooting through multiple steps,

1. Checking for updates on your PC

2. Checking for updates in the windows store for the Xbox app

3. Restarting your computer

4.uninstalling the Xbox app and reinstalling it may work

(I believe that is your question - that the xbox app specifically wont work)
Thema:

Xbox PC app new update questions

1. Xbox PC app new update questions - Similar Threads - app update questions

2. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  5. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  7. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  8. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  9. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  10. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...