Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...

Discus and support Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox: 2112.1001.10.0 Gaming Services: 3.60.2001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0 Windows 11: 22000.348 I recently (as soon as it launched) started using... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StASN, Dec 10, 2021.

1. /u/StASN
    /u/StASN Guest

Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...

Xbox: 2112.1001.10.0 Gaming Services: 3.60.2001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0 Windows 11: 22000.348

I recently (as soon as it launched) started using the 'Advanced Installation and Management Features' on the Xbox app. While it's nice to be able to finally have access to the game files, it now causes a huge problem for me that I'm not seeing anyone else talk about. Maybe I'm an oddity.

Whenever a game has the option enabled, and said game receives an update, the update stalls with no information for about 5 minutes, then starts re-installing the entire game from scratch. What should be a 1-10gb download becomes the entire thing all over (as an example, Halo Infinite's first and second update caused the entire 36gb to redownload, even though the updates were 700mb and 4gb respectively).

Just now I saw Age of Empires IV, it said initially that it was calculating download size (in the MS Store). It showed the update accurately as 13GB as it was stalling. Then it suddenly said it was downloading 35.3GB.

This has been happening for a while now, and I posted feedback the second time it happened which was over a week ago. https://aka.ms/AAf48vc

Hopefully I've given a good amount of information, this issue is really annoying considering the install changes were supposed to improve the situation and has instead made things worse for me.

submitted by /u/StASN
    [link] [comments]

/u/StASN, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

can't install minecraft i get an error "there has been an error"

Try resetting the MS store app instead. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the App then select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Reset.

restart your PC then try installing the launcher using https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/minecraf....
  3. Buachaill Dona Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

Hi there,

The only thing I could suggest is to see if installing the games from the MS store website or MS store app instead of the Xbox Beta app. As the Gamepass PC app is still in beta and that might be the issue.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

Could you try installing the Xbox app and change audio settings too

Also, do this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Then do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for xbox game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Restart your PC if an update was installed and try again
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

error code 0x80190193

Hi Crapsacks! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please check if your Pc is up-to-date:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.

Launch the Microsoft Store app and click on "Get updates" to ensure that all MS Store apps are updated as well.

Go to Windows > Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > search for the Xbox app on the list > click on Advanced options > scroll down and click on the "Repair" option. If that didn't work, you may select "Reset" instead.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Changing the Install location for gamepass games

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Open Windows Update and look for updates, update everything, including optional updates. Restart to apply updates and try again.

2. Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset. Try installing the game again.

3. Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask to install Gaming Services, install. Then try installing any game again.
Thema:

1. Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead... - Similar Threads - app Store Advanced

2. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  3. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  4. Films & TV app not on Xbox store anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Films & TV app not on Xbox store anymore?: I have recently been trying to figure out how to watch the free season of Boruto I was gifted from my Game Pass Rewards but have yet to find a way. Decided to ask Google and everything is saying I...
  5. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  6. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  7. Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?: Hi, I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll...
  8. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  9. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  10. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc: if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like...