Xbox PC App infected?

Discus and support Xbox PC App infected? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my xbox app wasn't been launched, searching throught my PC I saw that my antivirus (BitDefender Total Security) had deteccted that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jairo garcia gonzalez, Jun 30, 2022.

  1. Xbox PC App infected?


    Hi everyone, my xbox app wasn't been launched, searching throught my PC I saw that my antivirus (BitDefender Total Security) had deteccted that the .exe was infected

    Thas true? or is a false positive?


    Xbox PC App infected? [​IMG]


    :)
     
    jairo garcia gonzalez, Jun 30, 2022
    #1
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

    Xbox PC App infected?

    Bitdefender is not great either, along with most antivirus programs.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Xbox PC App infected?

    It's probably a false positive. But if you are worried, try uninstalling the app, launch a virus scan, wait until it's finished, then re-install the app from the Microsoft Store.
  4. Radiant Sword X Win User

    Microsoft Rewards on Xbox app is infected!

    Wrong answer. It's still infected. In fact, the Microsoft Rewards on Xbox app is already damaged by the infection.
  5. LeokiM32 Win User

    Can Xbox Controller get virus through Windows?

    Oh okay. I just thought that e.g. if I had a virus on the Windows, plugged Xbox Controller through USB, that then the virus could move onto Controller and then keep infecting other devices from Controller (just like USB Key)... You know, I did read that Xbox Controller is able to be updated, so I thought that it's like any device then that the virus could easily get there. I'm not so much aware of Xbox Updating, so... Or is it that Xbox itself update the Controller and not Windows? I'm confused as actually I know that normal old printer or scanner wouldn't get virus by plugging it to the infected PC, as there's nothing to infect (when it's not a WIFI model though)...

    Yeah I might be a bit over sensitive for safety of my devices :) Just don't wanna mess around and end up Xbox infected too, or plugging Controller to other PC and get the other PC infected too... As there's a Cloud Gaming and I heard that you can connect Xbox Controller to Android too... Would be terrible to get all of devices infected...
  6. LeokiM32 Win User

    Windows 11 Virus and Xbox One Controller connected - can it infect controller?

    Oh okay. I just thought that e.g. if I had a virus on the Windows, plugged Xbox Controller through USB, that then the virus could move onto Controller and then keep infecting other devices from Controller (just like USB Key)... You know, I did read that Xbox Controller is able to be updated, so I thought that it's like any device then that the virus could easily get there. I'm not so much aware of Xbox Updating, so... Or is it that Xbox itself update the Controller and not Windows? I'm confused as actually I know that normal old printer or scanner wouldn't get virus by plugging it to the infected PC, as there's nothing to infect (when it's not a WIFI model though)...

    Yeah I might be a bit over sensitive for safety of my devices :) Just don't wanna mess around and end up Xbox infected too, or plugging Controller to other PC and get the other PC infected too... As there's a Cloud Gaming and I heard that you can connect Xbox Controller to Android too... Would be terrible to get all of devices infected...
Thema:

Xbox PC App infected?

Loading...
  1. Xbox PC App infected? - Similar Threads - App infected

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  10. Can the IE app on Xbox 360 infect your PC/Laptop?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the IE app on Xbox 360 infect your PC/Laptop?: I'm want to use the IE explorer app for the first time, but I was wondering is it possible for websites give your xbox a virus that can infect your router, modem, PC or laptops?...