Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs?

Discus and support Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Woke up this morning and been troubleshooting this for an hour now. Launch Xbox app and saw all my games were not listed and this notification: [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sainrin, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Sainrin
    Sainrin Guest

Woke up this morning and been troubleshooting this for an hour now. Launch Xbox app and saw all my games were not listed and this notification:

Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs? [​IMG]

Click install and nothing happens, just been staring at this for a very long time:

In the settings it shows this:

Iv uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app to no avail, same thing happens. Its installed on my system drive. Anyone else experiencing this or can advise how I can fix this?

Thank you

:)

Sainrin, Feb 11, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I can't install games

If you are on PC, you need to install the Ubisoft and EA app in order to access their games on the service
  3. MateusFontana Win User

error-code-0x80073D26 and Microsoft store all updates are stuck on pending.

I understand, in this case, try the solution below, please.

1. Go to the PC settings and select Apps.

2. On the Apps, search Gaming Services.

3. Click Gaming Services and click Advanced settings.

4. Under Advanced settings, select Reset.

5. Repeat the steps but this time with App Installer instead of Gaming Services.

6. Reboot the PC and you will be able to install/update gaming services as well as install Xbox for PC games.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

you get that error because gaming services is not installed or updated, gaming services can only install and launch on standard pc architecture and not arm based devices.

the xbox app requires gaming services to be installed to be able to download most xbox app games (gamepass games).
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Persistent Notification of EA games in Xbox app upon launch

Thank you, I asked to do all that together once again, in case you did it separately.

Did you installed the Xbox app available from the Microsoft Store or did you downloaded the app from here?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

----

Let's try in this case deleting the Xbox app.

After that, Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and re-install the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed restart your PC check again
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My Gaming Services are not working.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BLINKINGSTEAK12

Did you tried checking the Xbox PC app?
    You can install gaming services from there as well

When you open the Xbox application a blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

Let me know if you’re able to install gaming services in that way
Thema:

1. Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs? - Similar Threads - app Gaming Services

2. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  3. Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work: For a while now I've had an issue where i could not install anything from the xbox app due to gaming services. Now the xbox app no longer launches and is stuck loading until the app crashes....
  4. Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar: Hi, for weeks now i've been having the issue that the Xbox App is stuck on the logo and can't log into Xbox in the Game Bar. I have tried every solution i could find on the Internet, including...
  5. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  6. Xbox app and game services is entirly broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and game services is entirly broken: I have tried EVERYTHING your "technicians" say to do, and not a thing has worked, doing the old Get package command, does not work, i cant even uninstall game services to reinstall it, I SHOULDNT...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...: I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but now i cant install the game pass app. 669f409c-1ffc-4924-b160-961a33b673d9
  8. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  9. Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store: I have an HP All-In-One 24 with Windows 11. I was trying to download Roblox from the Microsoft store, and it would not download, it would start, and then a minute later say there was some error...
  10. Windows 10 rollback broke my Xbox app / Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 rollback broke my Xbox app / Gaming Services: Hello, Recently I woke up to my computer updating to windows 11 which I was totally fine with. Once the update was finished I looked around and decided I wanted to roll back to windows 10 as I...