Xbox PC App - Game Installation Issues After Windows 10 Reinstall

Discus and support Xbox PC App - Game Installation Issues After Windows 10 Reinstall in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I recently reinstalled my Windows 10, without uninstalling my Xbox Game Pass and purchased games on my separate hard drive before... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Syncenator, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Syncenator
    Syncenator Guest

Hello everyone!

I recently reinstalled my Windows 10, without uninstalling my Xbox Game Pass and purchased games on my separate hard drive before doing so and thought the Xbox App would be able to detect the already existing files and make them playable again.

Unfortunately it seems like it was not able to and therefore I tried to reinstall the games, which lead to another problem, where I was not able to choose any of the drives, where the previous games have been installed to. It was also not possible to change
    the download location for the Apps in the Windows 10 settings, like it was recommended in the information below, to the same hard drive, where the games were installed and gave me an error code when it tried to delete the old already existing game files.

Solution:

It turned out that it might be needed for you to remove the folders containing the game files manually. I tried to delete the folders "WpSystem", "WindowsApps", "Program Files" on the game drive, which showed they contained the game files, after checking
    it out with the program called Treesize to see where all the GB amount of game files were located.

By trying to delete it it turned out that I wasn't able to just delete it the normal way because of permission issues, that might also be the reason why Windows itself was not able to delete the files when I tried to change the App download location to the
    same drive.

Online I found a solution to change the permissions to be able to delete the folders, simply follow the how to delete the Windows Apps folder on this website: How
    to delete the Windows Apps folder on Windowscentral.com

After deleting all the folders I was able to simpy reinstall the games on the drive again and also had no problems changing the install location to that drive as well when wanting to install a new game.

I hope this might be helpful for those who encounter the same problem, after reinstalling Windows 10 without uninstalling their games first.

:)

Syncenator, Dec 28, 2020
  2. JoanneRay Win User

xbox app not working on windows 10 pc

xbox app is not working on windows 10 pc. i uninstalled and am trying to reinstall and the app will not reinstall. when you click on install it just sits there and nothing happens
    got xbox app to finally install but cant type in chat from xbox game bar
  3. Mister Beep Win User

i cant play online in minecraft windows 10

Hey there,

Is there a specific error code that you get with that error message? It sounds like there may a network issue, or there may be other software installed on your Windows 10 PC that may be interfering with connecting to the game's servers. To start, let's try
    uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition from your Windows 10 PC. You can uninstall Minecraft from the app list within the Start Menu on Windows 10, and reinstall the game through the Windows Store.

Hope this helps!
  4. MaxJacobusVoid Win User

Halo Spartan Strike on Windows 8

I'm also having this issue, but on Windows 10. It logged me in fine the first time I started up the game, but now it wont sign in even after restarting the PC, reinstalling the game, and also reinstalling the xbox live app. Any solutions yet?
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

how to reinstall the xbox app on windows 10?

Hello, if you are facing issues downloading the Xbox app, I highly recommend clearing some space on your device as well as checking your internet connection. need to clear some space on his device. Nevertheless, I advice you to check the link regarding installation issues on Windows 10 as it contains some further troubleshooting steps that might be helpful :

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows 10 device | Xbox Support
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Xcloud Save PC Gaming

Hello there! I hope everything is going well for you!

Regarding the issue that you have, please try to uninstall the game and sign out from the Xbox app, after that restart your PC and reinstall the game.

If the issue still persists try following the steps on this link please Troubleshoot gameplay issues on a Windows 10 device | Xbox Support.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App - Game Installation Issues After Windows 10 Reinstall - Similar Threads - App Game Installation

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  6. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  7. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  8. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  9. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  10. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...