Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it...

Discus and support Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to pause game updates in Xbox PC App. It ignores my command and automatically resumes the download. Also, I disabled Auto Update... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hmert, Nov 21, 2021.

1. hmert
    hmert Guest

Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it...

Hi,

I am unable to pause game updates in Xbox PC App. It ignores my command and automatically resumes the download.

Also, I disabled Auto Update feature but Xbox PC app seems to ignore my command and starts updating my games when I turn on my PC.

Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it... [​IMG]

:)

hmert, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it resumes automatically when I press pause button.

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try to reset the app

1. Open the settings by pressing the Windows + i keys

2. Go to Apps> Applications and features.

3. Select the Xbox application and then click Advanced Options.

4. Click the Reset button.

5. Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.

6. Go back to the Xbox app and check if it works properly again.

Run troubleshooter

1. Open Settings again (Windows + i)

2. Go to Update & Security> Troubleshooting.

3. Select Xbox app and then click the Run Troubleshooter button.

4. The utility will launch and check for problems that are preventing the App from functioning properly. If it detects anomalies, follow its recommendations.

5. When the problems are resolved, close the utility.

6. Go back to the Xbox app and check if it works properly again.
  3. Rock1m1 Win User

Xbox app for PC does not automatically update any games

Same Issue. The xbox app stopped installing updates and does not check updates automatically. What is even more annoying is the Microsoft store app can install updates but it cannot check for them. What is wrong xbox platform on pc?
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Disable auto updates for games downloaded through Game Pass for PC

Hi Joshua,

All games available through the Xbox Game Pass for PC are installed from the Microsoft Store app on Windows. The Xbox (Beta) app is just an extension of the Microsoft Store to easily launch and manage your games that you get from the subscription among other
    Xbox Live features. The Xbox (Beta) app does not need to be running for updates to occur automatically because the updates initiate from the Microsoft Store which is always running in the background when you boot up your PC.

You can disable auto updates to games and apps in the Microsoft Store through the Store's settings.

1. Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store.
    2. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      Off.

You can also manually pause or cancel updates if they do start through the download queue in the Microsoft Store. To get to the queue select the account menu (the three dots)
    > Downloads and updates.
  5. ApocalypseXpony Win User

Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update

thats why the pause function is their, also can setup your xbox that it does not start downloading automatically then you can have control over what you want to update
  6. Vinicius Menti Win User

New Update Broke Notification Settings

Problem still happens, and the Netflix app does also not respect when I set Kinect not to respond to voice commands after this update. The problem is, the app reacts to people speaking in the movies, in random ways I cannot describe.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it... - Similar Threads - App does respect

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  5. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  6. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  7. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  8. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  9. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  10. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...