Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only...

Discus and support Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10, 21H2. This issue started popping up after a reinstall of the Xbox app along with the Gaming Services (removed via PowerShell... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ThePaSch, May 20, 2022.

1. /u/ThePaSch
    /u/ThePaSch Guest

Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only...

I am on Windows 10, 21H2.

This issue started popping up after a reinstall of the Xbox app along with the Gaming Services (removed via PowerShell command a while ago, reinstalled today). I had also previously disabled the Xvdd SCSI Miniport Storage Controller, as its constant reshuffling of the Xvd virtual drives caused massive stuttering issues in Elden Ring, which were resolved after disabling it and removing the Gaming Services service from my Windows install.

The exact steps I took to remove and disable the Xbox app from my computer were as follows:

1. Uninstall the Xbox app through the Windows Settings Apps page
    2. In the Device Manager, enable "Show hidden devices", then right-click -> disable the Xvdd SCSI Miniport Storage Controller device
    3. Uninstall the Gaming Services Windows service with the following powershell command:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

The exact steps I took to re-install the Xbox app were as follows:

1. Reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store
    2. Reinstall the Gaming Services Windows service from the Microsoft Store
    3. Open the Device Manager and enable "Show hidden devices"; open the Xbox app; when the Xvdd SCSI Miniport Storage Controller device "connects" to the PC, right-click -> enable it
    4. Repair + Reset the Xbox app
    5. Repair + Reset the Gaming Services
    6. Repair + Reset the Microsoft Store
    7. Reboot

I have attempted, after all of these steps were initially taken, to reinstall, reset and repair every of the above components (Xbox app, Gaming Services, Microsoft Store) several times. I have updated my Windows 10 install from 21H1 to 21H2, after which I once again attempted to repair, reset and reinstall all of the above. The issue persists both while I am enrolled in the Windows Gaming Xbox Insider program, as well as after I unenrolled. The currently installed version of the Xbox app is 2205.1001.6.0, that of the Gaming Services 3.66.8001.0.

I - and many others, I'm sure - would very much appreciate if the Xbox app produced some kind of logging output in cases of catastrophic failure instead of simply locking up and refusing any sort of functionality. It doesn't have to be the most overly verbose logging procedure either, but at least some kind of idea of what's going on might help reduce both frustration and the support workload on the team in case a technically savvy user manages to diagnose and fix the issue on their own (and perhaps even post about the fix online, where others might find it). The way the app currently works is utterly opaque and leaves users with essentially no room for self-troubleshooting whatsoever, which is extremely regrettable.

submitted by /u/ThePaSch
    [link] [comments]

/u/ThePaSch, May 20, 2022
  2. Goodnight CCSO Win User

Stuck on My Games and Apps screen and can't go to the home screen

I not even sure that it's the preview program at all. My screen now loads up to a blank black screen after the my games and apps logo repeatedly pops up and disappears till it finally disappears completely to a blank black screen. It only shows the logo
    and none of my games and it also showed me sign in.
  3. gillianSibbring Win User

Console not turning on fully

As there is a blank screen we could only do the USB option, so we cannot keep the games and apps. What about the games that were downloaded with a code that came with the xbox, will we be able to re-use the code to download them again?
  4. DrSublime Win User

Lock Up / Freeze Issues After the Multiplayer Update?

this is happening to me as well, single player only, if i click continue story i get a blank screen lock up, but if i hit new it works.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

blank screen and unable to play games

Hey there, UndiginifiedSOS!

I'm sorry to see any issues with the console! If you haven't already, please give our blank screen troubleshooter a shot. This should help
    you get to a place where you are able to use your console again.

Let me know how it goes! We'll see what our next steps are after you try these. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. joseWBYCT Win User

Can't log into xbox profile

I’m also having a similar login issue over Xbox Live on my Xbox One X. Attempted to restart, power cycle, unplug, etc. - just locks up with a blank screen, whether it’s signing in or restarting. I’m going to attempt another manual reset (as using the Restart
    command just locks up the console and leaves me with a blank screen - no error message) and see what happens...
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App completely locks up: unable to play or download games, blank screen, only... - Similar Threads - App completely locks

2. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  3. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  4. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  5. The xbox app is complete utter garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    The xbox app is complete utter garbage.: I can connect to everything on consoles but for some reason the app will not connect to the part if I'm using a pc or mobile device. How the hell can it be so bad? Half of the time I'm sending...
  6. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  7. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  8. code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...: i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows install. i think its an account problem ae19f41d-6837-4443-b1c2-7fee5e768248
  9. My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken: As I said both of those apps are broken. MS Problems: - I can't download or update anything from the Store - When I try to update, it takes about 6-7 hours or so ( I tried to update the Xbox...
  10. if you open a profile with high gamerscore it won't show the completion on Xbox and Mobile App.

in XboX Insiders
    if you open a profile with high gamerscore it won't show the completion on Xbox and Mobile App.: if you open a profile with high gamerscore like Stallion83 or other profiles it won't show the completion for example every game shows 0/1000, but when you click on the games profile it shows...