Xbox PC App Can Only Install Games on Certain Disks and Nothing would Download on the Rest

Discus and support Xbox PC App Can Only Install Games on Certain Disks and Nothing would Download on the Rest in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As mentioned in the title, any games I try to install on my D and E drives get placed in a queue, and after trying to download for a minute or so at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bogus9000, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Bogus9000
    Bogus9000 Guest

Xbox PC App Can Only Install Games on Certain Disks and Nothing would Download on the Rest

As mentioned in the title, any games I try to install on my D and E drives get placed in a queue, and after trying to download for a minute or so at 0kb/s it gives the error message "Something unexpected happened" with the error code 0x87e00017. I'm also unable to change the installation drives to either D or E. I've tried resetting and reinstalling gaming services as well as the xbox app itself, as well as resetting Win11, nothing helped, would love some insight on the issue.

:)

Bogus9000, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Boguss9000, are you playing on Pc, what would be your operating system, Win 10 or 11?

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. L2LR Win User

error 0x8007001f when installing games

I also tried everything and nothing was working. Then found that:

“This error appears to me too, the store downloads about 900mb and then when try to install it failed.

Here to solve this problem i wait the store to download, when the error appears maintain store open, then right click in my computer and them click on manage.

On the new windows click on manage disks, this shows your disks, you note there's a tiny disk (about 1gb in size), it's a virtual disk but it's offline, simple right click on then and bring this disk online.

Seconds later windows throw a notification about flight simulator is installed, from this point is only open the game to install the rest of data.

Hope this helps all here.”

i tried with a game, downloaded it, error appeared, i downsized the xbox window, clicked “retry” in the xbox app and a temporary disk appears in the disk management window, i right clicked on this disk and put it online, then the game worked.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

cant update my internet explorer on xbox

When I get a certain sites, even Microsoft support page it says my browser needs updating to use this page then it offers me different versions of the update but then says Xbox won't allow me to download it to a local storage, which is the same
    one the app is on.
    The error message is only valid for actual PC's, and the download links are for PC systems.

You can only install games and apps through the actual Xbox marketplace.

There is no way to download anything through the Xbox internet browser, and the installation packages you download through that message are for PC only, and will not work on Xbox.

You can usually safely ignore that message about "outdated" browsers on the Xbox console.
  5. Konstantinos Michail Win User

I can't use a DLC i bought

Hi.

-I am playing on PC. I haven't bought the game, i play from game pass.

-I purchased it from the xbox game pass app from my PC.

-I can. I have even downloaded the DLC, i have the files on my disk

The problem is that the files were not installed in the game and were downloaded separately on my disk. It seems i have to manually put them in the game files but i have no idea in which folder. If you could help me i would really appreciate it
  6. Shrimpley_Pibbles Win User

Why does the microsoft store force you to use the xbox app with certain games.

Thank you for your reply!

But if these are all part of the pc game library the platform is just pc right?

I would be fine just using the xbox app but the download speed is just a joke. my internet speed is much faster than 7mbps. I've tried delivery optimisation and repairing the app... nothing works to improve the DL speed on the xbox app.

Again if I can just resume the download using the microsoft store this would also be a great option but it doesn't for some games.

Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store only has install on the xbox app option but it appears in the downloads on the microsoft store and from there I can pause the download in the app and then resume it in the store. But with Total War: Warhammer III, it doesn't even show up in downloads, it's on the store and gives the same message to install on the app but then I can't see it on my library in the store (even though it's listed on the store xD)
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App Can Only Install Games on Certain Disks and Nothing would Download on the Rest - Similar Threads - App Install Games

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  4. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  5. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  6. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  7. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  8. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...
  9. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  10. Xbox app will not let me choose anywhere to install new games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app will not let me choose anywhere to install new games: Hey there, No matter what I choose the xbox app gives me an error of "can't install to that location". I only have a C:\ drive, and it won't create its own default folder to install to, nor will...