Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue

Discus and support Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat 'The selected microphone could not be found' despite mic being picked up by windows. Have already... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by BenBlethyn, Nov 5, 2021.

1. BenBlethyn
    BenBlethyn Guest

Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat 'The selected microphone could not be found' despite mic being picked up by windows.

Have already reset the app and PC is latest version. Please help, I'm stuck gaming with my partner who is on Xbox only as has no PC and we can't talk whilst gaming.

:)

BenBlethyn, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

If your microphone isn't detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give your apps permission to use it. To let apps access the microphone, select Start ,then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone . Select Change, then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone!
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

5. BenBlethyn Win User

Hi, this sadly is not the solution either
  6. BenBlethyn Win User

Hi,

Unfortunately that is not the problem, and hasn't helped with changing the Xbox game bar app through which the xbox party is hosted.

The error message is still showing despite uninstalling the xbox app,

Any further help will be appreciated,

Ben
Thema:

1. Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue - Similar Threads - Party via Game

2. how to fix xbox party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear...
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  5. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  6. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  7. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  8. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  9. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  10. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?: I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it. Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio left is their voices. I am usually playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the selected microphone could not be found