Xbox party text chat doesn't work. Anything I type won't show up.

Discus and support Xbox party text chat doesn't work. Anything I type won't show up. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm using xbox game bar on Windows 11, and this issue has started ever since I started using the game bar. Whenever I type in the Xbox Party Chat, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by R W2, Jan 30, 2023.

1. R W2
    R W2 Guest

I'm using xbox game bar on Windows 11, and this issue has started ever since I started using the game bar. Whenever I type in the Xbox Party Chat, the messages I send don't show up. I tried repairing and resetting the Game Bar and Xbox App, checking if I have any account suspensions or restrictions (I have neither), signing out and back in after restarting my pc. But the issue still persists. I've tried using other accounts on the Game Bar, but the issue is still there. I also tried chatting through the Xbox app, but it has the same issue. I've gotten no answers checking the internet regarding this. Please help.

:)

2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please try to verify your account using the account reputation check here https://account.live.com/reputationcheck
    You just need to enter a phone number and verify it.

Once done, please restart your device.
  3. ScaredySquirrel Win User

I can hear party chat but they cannot hear me. Xbox One S

It's weird, my mic works for party chat, it works for recording messages, works for talking to Cortana. It won't however work with game chat! No matter what game I'm in it shows that a mic is hooked up but the icon won't flash when i talk into it.

I've checked to make sure I'm not in a party and I'm not. Something is up Microsoft needs to fix this.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Unable to make/ join parties

That error code doesn't show anything, but there are a million people in chat support saying their parties are not working. Not sure what to try st the moment as nothing is working. I'd hang on a bit and keep trying.
  5. xG Money 865 Win User

Can't access my friends list.. Again!

Having the same issue also also my friends and I can join in party chat but we can't hear each other and the little blue circle icons in the party chat either don't appear or doesn't show up that we are talking anyone having this issue as well? This is annoying
    party chat hasn't worked right since Xbox 360
  6. Wildstar418 Win User

XBOX ONE UPDATE PREVIEW FEB - PARTY CHAT DOESNT WORK

the party chat function doesn't work even between players who have the preview beta. Tried with a friend for 2 hours while playing COD: Ghosts and doesn't work. They show up white with a green circle in the party chat, but nothing. Both NATs open. Hope
    this doesn't happen when the real update rolls out.
Thema:

1. Xbox party text chat doesn't work. Anything I type won't show up. - Similar Threads - party text chat

2. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  3. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  6. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  7. What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text: party chat text gets deleted after the party chat ends I have pictures I just don't know were to report were I can send in pictures 34d53235-c632-4dd8-a148-4486a2560ddd
  8. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53
  9. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  10. How do I get another suspension when I'm on one how when I can't send text or join party...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get another suspension when I'm on one how when I can't send text or join party...: How do I get another suspension when I am currently on one f0534b9c-524f-46eb-8d2d-0c01375ec4fe