Xbox Party microphone not working for Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox Party microphone not working for Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For a while now, none of my microphones have been working for Xbox Party. I have used the built-in laptop microphone and two headphones with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoObStEr9919, Feb 1, 2022.

1. NoObStEr9919
    NoObStEr9919 Guest

For a while now, none of my microphones have been working for Xbox Party. I have used the built-in laptop microphone and two headphones with microphones. I can hear others in the Xbox Party but no one can hear me. I have even tried using a different laptop with no change. Even factory resetting either laptop didn't work. Can someone help?

:)

NoObStEr9919, Feb 1, 2022
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User
  3. LucasQuinello Win User

Hello dear Gamer, it's a pleasure to help you today.

My name is Lucas O

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you.

Welcome to the community.

I hope I can help you in the best way.

Before trying any different solutions, please check that your windows is fully up to date, the latest version is 21H2.

*To update your computer follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button, then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

*If everything is up to date, proceed with the solution below.

Run PowerShell as administrator, after that, run the command below.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

*Restart your computer after this - It is extremely important to do this

When starting the computer Run PowerShell as administrator again and run the command below.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

*Now try to install the app again, let us know if this works, please.

*I want to thank you for contacting us in advance, it's always a pleasure to help the community.
  4. MindOfTim Win User

Usb headphones

I'm not sure if it works the same way but I have a USB microphone and to connect that I have to connect it to my windows 10 pc and use the Xbox app on that if I want to talk in party using it
  5. maxen Win User

No one can hear me when I stream

Hello Egoman,

I think the issue could be that your PC is not transmitting the microphone back to the console when you stream to Windows 10. So there's a couple things to try:

In the Windows 10 App, join the Xbox Live Party there (rather than on the console) and see if your party can hear you now; or

Plus the controller into the console via USB directly just to see if that works and if they can hear you.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. xDetroitLegend Win User

Detailed Xbox Party Chat Issue REPORT

I'm having the exact same issue. I have the logitech G930s too. While using the xbox app for just party use you won't be able to hear others and they can't hear you. The headset works correctly with game sounds while streaming to xbox one back to PC but
    still won't work in the parties. The issue is that the headset will just not work at all with any type of xbox party function... While streaming xbox one to PC or while just using the party system in the xbox application for windows 10. (Microphone and earphones
    will not work in party chat as said... while the ability to create, leave, and join the party actually work.)
Thema:

1. Xbox Party microphone not working for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Party microphone working

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  7. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  8. Party chat echos in microphone like crazy

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat echos in microphone like crazy: So I made my friend buy a headset so we didnt have to talk over the phone. He got a pair of Astro a10s bc I had the gen1 and they worked great but the gen 2 sucked so bad and All I could hear was...
  9. Microphone won't work in party chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone won't work in party chat: When i enter a party chat, I am unable to use my microphone. I can hear the other users in the room, but they cannot hear me. I have tried multiple microphones (both wired and bluetooth) and all...
  10. Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?: To begin, I am on Windows 10 OS I use a separate microphone (HyperX Quadcast S) that isn't connected to my headset I have checked connectivity and resolved my issue with teredo It hasn't...