Xbox Party Chat Stops Working On Android Once I Open Another Game App

Discus and support Xbox Party Chat Stops Working On Android Once I Open Another Game App in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help as I posted this before, I have installed the Xbox app on my amazon fire tablet so that I can communicate with my friends who... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Fossey2, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Fossey2
    Fossey2 Guest

Hoping someone can help as I posted this before,

I have installed the Xbox app on my amazon fire tablet so that I can communicate with my friends who I play Minecraft with. They are on an xbox one and a PC while I play on my tablet.

I downloaded the app so that I could use party chat. I know I was successful as once they invited me to an xbox party chat and I accepted the invite, I could hear them and they could hear me. However, when I click back on Minecraft to begin playing in the world we are all in, the party chat ceases to work at all for me. It will only stay working if I have the Xbox app open and viewable on my tablet.

As soon as I open Minecraft and to begin playing, the xbox party chat ceases to work for me and I can no longer hear them and they can no longer hear me.

UPDATE: I also tested if it behaves the same way on a different game and yes, no matter what game or app I open, once I minimize the Xbox app to engage in any game, party chat no longer works.

:)

Fossey2, Aug 22, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Fossey2,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying join your friends on Xbox Party Chat and is unable to do it while playing Minecraft on a tablet. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We found here in this support article (Start a party on Xbox | Xbox Support), the Android devices is available only on party while you are on Cloud Gaming. However, to make sure that you would be able to get the answers that you need I'll be raising this to the Internal Support Team for clarification.

We appreciate you have tested the Xbox Party Chat while playing with your friends with Minecraft on Amazon Fire tablet. May we ask if you can try to check if Others can communicate with voice, text or invites on Xbox account's privacy? Please check this support article from Minecraft: How to Change Online Chat Settings for Minecraft: Java Edition – Home

By the way, will the Minecraft Chat inaccessible to while you play with your friends?

Are you playing on Minecraft Realms?

Have you tried Realms Chat?

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Fossey2,

Hope you have a great day!

Would you mind sharing what model and version the Amazon Fire that you have?

Is this the Amazon Fire 7?

We look for forward for your reply.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Fossey2,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Fossey2,

I receive an update from Internal Support Team that they can replicate the issue you were having. The team is aware of this issue and they are investigating it.

Have a great day!

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Fossey2,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Xbox Party Chat Stops Working On Android Once I Open Another Game App - Similar Threads - Party Chat Stops

2. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  3. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  4. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  5. Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.: -Not muted -Nobody can hear me in party chat, and the pink circle that indicates you are talking never expands -Game audio works on headset -To hear party chat on the headset I must set chat...
  6. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  7. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  8. Party Chat Disconnecting please help

in XboX Insiders
    Party Chat Disconnecting please help: Good evening fellow gamers, I've been having trouble with my party chat, it will stay on for a minute then disconnect. I've restarted my wifi and my Xbox along with updated it. I've checked my...
  9. Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed: Ever since the latest windows 11 update the Xbox gamebar is not working properly. Party chat only works when the overlay is on the screen. As soon as I close the overlay the other members of the...
  10. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...