Xbox Party chat prevents game chat push to talk

Discus and support Xbox Party chat prevents game chat push to talk in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, I have discussed in the Sea of thieves forum about the current behaviour of Party chat on Xbox thta prevent using the push to talk for game... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jarvis343, Oct 1, 2021.

1. /u/Jarvis343
    /u/Jarvis343 Guest

Hi all,

I have discussed in the Sea of thieves forum about the current behaviour of Party chat on Xbox thta prevent using the push to talk for game chat.

I usually play Sot with my friend on PC in Party.

When we meet someone I have to go to the Party chat and switch audio from party to game while he can just press a key and talk with other people while I can still hear him.

That's not possible on Xbox and it seems to be a Party chat limit on Xbox.

Would be possible to fix it? Or switch between party/game chat faster (maybe jumping to group with triggers and not directly at bottom of the guide).

submitted by /u/Jarvis343
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jarvis343, Oct 1, 2021
  2. stuartgillion Win User

Mic not working in Fortnite - Xbox one.

Default setting is party chat. I have followed advice to switch settings from open mic/party chat to push to talk/game chat. I tried this several times, saving settings then exiting game, reloading game and switching settings back to open mic/party chat.
    Nothing has been successful.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Push to talk Mando Xbox One Elite[Push to talk Mando Xbox One Elite]

Hi GalletaSC,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are attempting to use your bumper as a push to talk button for voice chat on your Windows 10 PC. Are you attempting to use PTT for Xbox Party Chat on your PC or using other software like Discord, TeamSpeak, Mumble,
    etc.? Different software may only accept input from the keyboard instead of a controller.

The Xbox Beta App has a push to talk function for party chat, to enable it visit Settings>Audio>Enable Push to Talk.

Please keep us updated.
  4. Frathos Win User

Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

Open Xbox Game Bar and check:

• Settings - Shortcuts - Microphone On/Off (default is WinKey + ALT + M, check entry field to see if you added a custom key binding)
    • Settings - Party Chat - Push To Talk - Enable Push To Talk (default is unchecked for me)

Good luck!
  5. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  6. Eastridge83 Win User

Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?

Everyone in my party can hear game chat while in discord. AND still use push to talk to talk to enemies via proximity chat. But as soon as I join the discord group it instantly cuts off all game chat for me. But everyone I play with definitely uses both at the same time and I can not figure this out. P.s. I'm on pc, windows 11
Thema:

1. Xbox Party chat prevents game chat push to talk - Similar Threads - Party chat prevents

2. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  3. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  4. Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.: -Not muted -Nobody can hear me in party chat, and the pink circle that indicates you are talking never expands -Game audio works on headset -To hear party chat on the headset I must set chat...
  5. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  6. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  7. Party Chat Disconnecting please help

in XboX Insiders
    Party Chat Disconnecting please help: Good evening fellow gamers, I've been having trouble with my party chat, it will stay on for a minute then disconnect. I've restarted my wifi and my Xbox along with updated it. I've checked my...
  8. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  9. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  10. Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc: Idk if anyone else has had this happen. But I'm using Xbox party chat on pc and can hear my entire party but one person does anyone know a way to fix it submitted by /u/ContentSpeaker1119...