Xbox party chat dissconects

Discus and support Xbox party chat dissconects in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have already rebuilt my entire OS from scratch and before that did a reset. When I join an Xbox party after 5 or so seconds I disconnect from audio.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TitanSalvo, Jan 27, 2023.

1. TitanSalvo
    TitanSalvo Guest

I have already rebuilt my entire OS from scratch and before that did a reset. When I join an Xbox party after 5 or so seconds I disconnect from audio. I drop and enter back and it happens again. I can't play games with my buddies because I am unable to communicate with them. The sound still works fully fine. I have repaired the game bar and more. I can't find the issue.

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***

:)

TitanSalvo, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the reply, TitanSalvo.

May we confirm if you are on Windows 10 or 11?

Please check PC Settings on Windows 10 > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type and please reply with any error message you notice. Errors are not limited to Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify).

You can check your Network Address Translation (NAT) type in Windows 11 using the Xbox Console Companion app (please install this from Microsoft Store):

1. Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
    2. Select Settings, and then select Network tab.
    3. Look for NAT Type. Kindly check if it says: Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify.
    Mostly the troubleshooting you will need can be find in this support article (Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support) otherwise the other support articles given on the first reply. If you select Why NAT is important, you will see the definition of NAT and what kind of player will be able to connect to each other. So, there is a bigger chance you can play with friends if you have Open NAT Type.

[​IMG]

Let us know what is your NAT Type and if you saw error message or code on your NAT Network. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

3. TitanSalvo Win User

Sorry I was out of town. As for the NAT. I am on PC and others are on Xbox. I have not had this issue before. Per the PC problem NAT type would be using port forwarding (Which I am not doing and should not need to for the purposes of Xbox party)

I am running Google Fiber and do not have any network issues in-game or otherwise outside of the Xbox Party staying connected.

What is the next step?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

We appreciate your feedback on this, TitanSalvo.

Please send the same feedback to Team Xbox so they can also work on for improvement of Xbox Network on Windows 11. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch Xbox app on Windows.
    2. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    3. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    4. Select “Report a problem”
    5. Click Give new feedback
    6. Summary should be brief description of your feedback.
    7. Category should automatically be selected.
    We are glad to know that everything is working now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help us improve the support experience.

Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Kind regards,

5. TitanSalvo Win User

Hey Kathy,

I followed the troubleshooting steps with the Xbox companion app. At first I was getting Moderate with Blocked. After some troubleshooting I saw that the Torpedo service was disabled. I was able to get it to be on an Open state but it was still blocking the server. I was able to trace it to the Firewall. I had “Bitdefender Total Security” acting as the firewall. After uninstalling it completely, NAT is open and the server was able to connect. There was no real indication other than the registry being disabled.

Although this is the fix (Which is good) It was not easy to determine and there was no troubleshooter like on Windows 10. This is an area for improvement for Win 11.

Thank you for the assistance!
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello TitanSalvo,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Xbox party chat dissconects - Similar Threads - party chat dissconects

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  4. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  5. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  6. Xbox Party Chat is echoing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat is echoing: So, this is a really weird situation, but for some reason when I increase the headset volume in Xbox party chat, I have an echo. I've tested it with the talk on Discord option, and it's not there....
  7. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  8. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  9. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  10. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...