Xbox party audio keeps cutting in and out

Discus and support Xbox party audio keeps cutting in and out in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’ve noticed that when in a party, my friend’s audio keeps cutting in and out. There is no issue with the game audio, only my friend’s voices in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by feeeeb, Feb 18, 2023.

1. feeeeb
    feeeeb Guest

I’ve noticed that when in a party, my friend’s audio keeps cutting in and out. There is no issue with the game audio, only my friend’s voices in the party, I use a headset and I recently bought a new one as I thought the headset was the issue. Since using the new headset I noticed it was still cutting out. I know it’s not my friend’s mic as this happens with multiple people too. I also know it’s not a network issue as I also play with my family in the same household and they can hear each other fine, and my xbox is connected via ethernet cable with 900mbps speed. This also happens on multiple games. Is this an issue with my Xbox? I play on a Series S which was bought 3 months ago. Thanks.

:)

feeeeb, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I appreciate the detailed information, Feeeeb. I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. feeeeb Win User

Hello, thank you so much for your reply. Yes I have tried multiple controllers and I have the same issue on all of them. I’ve used both wireless and wired controllers and there is no improvement.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, have you tried using a different controller where you plug in your headset? That may have caused the issue.
  5. ManticCherry Win User

Audio Cutting Out

Are you noticing the audio cutting out on all games, or just specific ones? Do you have the same problem if you try to play movies or CDs?
  6. LemonTangent041 Win User

Audio Cutting Out

Have you tried setting the display settings manually?
Thema:

1. Xbox party audio keeps cutting in and out - Similar Threads - party audio keeps

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  4. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  5. Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio: Hey, this has been happening for a while on my stream. Usually re opening the party fixes it but not today. So turning here for advice. Basicly. Game audio and my own voice come through clearly,...
  6. how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?: Whenever i stream i cant hear my game or party audio on my stream and ive tried everything that youtube and tiktok have said and it still doesnt work 499206f1-f0bc-4723-b6c6-c848154e8d30
  7. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  8. No party chat audio in cross-play?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No party chat audio in cross-play?: Why when I cross-play Fortnite while streaming on Twitch, nobody can hear party chat? They only hear me. I've done every privacy setting I was told to do but it still does not work....
  9. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  10. Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues: I have the Razer Kaira for Xbox | RZ04-034 and a reoccurring issue I have when joining a Party Chat for me is I am unable to hear anyone in the party and no one can hear me. The audio from my game...