XBox Overheating Problem Please Help

Discus and support XBox Overheating Problem Please Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have no idea where else to go to, except for here. My Xbox 360, the last model (not the newer one) is a machine that I bought a few years... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Metamania2313, Jan 1, 2014.

1. XBox Overheating Problem Please Help

Hi,

I have no idea where else to go to, except for here.

My Xbox 360, the last model (not the newer one) is a machine that I bought a few years back and it's been working fine until awhile back. It began to overheat and die on me a lot.

At first, I thought it had to do with the system in itself, so I found a store that fixes consoles for a price and had it shipped there to get fixed. It was returned back to me, a few days later, and it was fine again. I was told that it had to do with the
    fan and the motherboard, which got replaced as part of the fix.

In any case, it was working for awhile longer and then it shut down on me. I saw that the power brick (or the power supply, as it is also called) was on red, so I thought to unplug and wait until the next day to try it again. Then I plugged it in and tried
    it once more. It works for a good 20 minutes to an hour, then it gets way overheated and shuts down on me while I'm playing a game.

The next step, I thought I could do, was clean it out using air compressor in the form of a duster, which is something that a trusted friend of mine recommended. So I bought a duster that works specifically for electronics, then used that duster to clean
    out both the system and the power supply, from top to bottom, then tried once again. No such luck, for it shut down on me again.

I honestly don't know what to do here. My warranty with Microsoft expired and I don't feel like spending $140 to get it replaced through you guys, because I hear it takes MONTHS to get it back.

Would buying a new console in the form of a new model (The XBOX 360 S) solve my problem completely or would it encounter the same problem and shut me down completely as well? Please help! Thank you in advance!.

:)

Metamania2313, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Hard drive problem

For the past few months my hard drive would just crash on my xbox while playing games. Recently it has happened more often. I have a SATA 1.0TB hard drive. Is there a certain setting that's causing the problem or is it the hard drive itself. I have a lot of storage on their that I would hate to lose. I'm sure its not an overheating problem because I would turn the hard drive on for the first time that day and it would crash in the first few minute. Please help if you can, its annoying the crap out of me.

thatoneguyfromoverthere, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Ball XL
    Ball XL Guest
    Intercoolers: Good or Bad?

Hey everyone, my Xbox has been overheating like every 5 mins lately and I was wondering if an intercooler will help. I've heard that they sometimes fry your console and give you RRoD, but can you guys tell me if this is true and if they'll help with the
    overheating problem? Thanks.

-Stealth

Ball XL, Jan 1, 2014
  4. M.Hutchinson
    M.Hutchinson Guest

Metamania,

Nobody knows what that Third-party repair shop did or didn't do, so there is no use blaming Microsoft for what could have been someone taking a bottle of Windex and paper towels to the outside and shipping it back.

$140 seems a bit high when you can buy a brand new 360 starting between $100 and $150 from most retailers. A new system would probably make more sense.

M.Hutchinson, Jan 1, 2014
  5. MrMarooca
    MrMarooca Guest
    I'd suggest buying some canned air and dusting the fan area and vents, then just let your console sit for a day or two.

MrMarooca, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Eddie Lynn
    Eddie Lynn Guest
    Hello, Since 3rd party service was used in the process of the repair. we cannot really be of help here.

You're best option is to buy a new console or contact the 3rd party repair shop.

But, My answer would be a power supply issue.

Eddie Lynn, Jan 1, 2014
  7. I never blamed Microsoft for anything in my post, so I'm not sure where that theory came from.

In any case, I suppose the best result would be to buy a new one to replace the old one. Thanks for all your help guys!

Metamania2313, Jan 1, 2014
  8. XBox Overheating Problem Please Help

You could try buying a replacement power brick since that's the part that's over-heating.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 1, 2014
  9. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Meta, I've had out of warranty consoles repaired before by Microsoft. I've received them back in as quick as 11 business days. Whether you choose a new one or get yours refurbed is up to you! I'm sorry you had that happen to you though.

MattKV1, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Metamania2313 Win User

I never blamed Microsoft for anything in my post, so I'm not sure where that theory came from.

In any case, I suppose the best result would be to buy a new one to replace the old one. Thanks for all your help guys!
  11. MattKV1 Win User

Meta, I've had out of warranty consoles repaired before by Microsoft. I've received them back in as quick as 11 business days. Whether you choose a new one or get yours refurbed is up to you! I'm sorry you had that happen to you though.
  12. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

You could try buying a replacement power brick since that's the part that's over-heating.
  13. MrMarooca Win User

I'd suggest buying some canned air and dusting the fan area and vents, then just let your console sit for a day or two.
  14. M.Hutchinson Win User

Metamania,

Nobody knows what that Third-party repair shop did or didn't do, so there is no use blaming Microsoft for what could have been someone taking a bottle of Windex and paper towels to the outside and shipping it back.

$140 seems a bit high when you can buy a brand new 360 starting between $100 and $150 from most retailers. A new system would probably make more sense.
Thema:

1. XBox Overheating Problem Please Help - Similar Threads - Overheating Problem Please

2. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  3. Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update: Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase fan speed as the need arises. Could also be...
  4. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  5. My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me: My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me 409112b8-8d28-4d74-9da1-4f5dedcc9f85
  6. Games Shutting Down to Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games Shutting Down to Overheating: Hello Everyone, I’ve been having trouble playing certain games like Rainbox Six and Fortnite, this is due to me getting an error message everytime I go into a game, i’ve cleaned my air box and...
  7. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  8. Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.: So, i have a old Xbox 360 E, where, at some point, just stopped working. So I bought a new video game. Years later, i decided to fix it. So i replaced some stuff and tried it. But then when i plug...
  9. Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.: Hello and happy holidays to all!! But anywho, I've always been a PlayStation person. But this year I decided to go buy a Xbox series x. So I went down to best buy 9 days ago and buy my first one....
  10. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c