Xbox One X wont turn off properly

Discus and support Xbox One X wont turn off properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After I turn off my Xbox One X console with my controller it turns off however the power button on both my controller and consolo keeps on blinking,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Monsta15, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Monsta15
    Monsta15 Guest

After I turn off my Xbox One X console with my controller it turns off however the power button on both my controller and consolo keeps on blinking, regardless of my console being on Instant On or Power Saving mode. The HDMI also disconnects. Anyone have
    any advice?

:)

Monsta15, Apr 17, 2020
  2. IsitMatt Win User

Monsta15,

The blinking indicates that a service or dashboard update is happening.

No need to worry. The console is acting as it should and after some time the blinking will stop!
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

How long do they blink for. Mine does as well and sometimes up to 30 or 40 seconds before it turns off fully. I figure it's just doing an update of some sort.
  4. TOXICO God Win User

SUELE PASAR ESE FALLO , A MI ME SIRVIO IR A CONFIGURACIONES Y ACTUALIZAR EL MANDO DE XBOX .

EN OTROS MOMENTOS ES POR LAS ACTUALIZACIONES QUE HACE QUE EL MANDO NO RECIBA LA SEÑAL DE QUE LA CONSOLA ESTA EN MODO INSTANT ON.
  5. DoWNwRD SPyRaL Win User

XBOX ONE WONT PROPERLY TURN OFF.

Have you changed the power mode of you xbox so that when you turn it off it is actually turning off, and not going into "instant on" mode?

If it's set to "instant on" mode you can alternatively just hold the power button down on the front of the console for 5 seconds to completely shut down your xbox.

Here is a guide to the power settings, the different modes and how to change them ;)
  6. Der Alack Win User

XBOX ONE WONT PROPERLY TURN OFF.

Well, I found this:

support.xbox.com/.../power-supply-indicator

If you have your Xbox in 'Instant-on Power Mode' it is supposed to have a white light. Not sure about the fan noise, which seems to come from the brick itself.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X wont turn off properly - Similar Threads - wont turn off

2. eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...: no matter what i do storage wont tunr off its greyed out in stetting options ots weird 64702c04-374d-4ffd-ac47-4ca666ccc736
  3. The Yakuza 0 wont let me play and turns off my xbox one S at the first tutorial

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Yakuza 0 wont let me play and turns off my xbox one S at the first tutorial: My xbox one s wont allow me to play the first tutorial battle and I have done the power cycle did a factory reset and even uninstalled it and reinstalled it I dont under stand why this is...
  4. my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off: i need help my game bar wont stay on 150df102-fffe-42d5-862e-cc9f29077444
  5. Xbox one The Show 23 - sound so choppy, it just turns off and my xbox wont even save the game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one The Show 23 - sound so choppy, it just turns off and my xbox wont even save the game.: So, i grabbed The Shiw 23... great game. Lately, the sound has been so.choppy, it just shuts off. I play the game with no sound. Pitched a no-hitter vs the Jays, and it took 30 minutes just to...
  6. Series X games wont load controllers won't connect/turn off

in XboX Insiders
    Series X games wont load controllers won't connect/turn off: Hello, I can use all apps and watch streaming shows,browse and purchase from store and everything else. But when i try to launch any games (including disk) either goes to black screen or goes...
  7. my hard drive wont load or turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my hard drive wont load or turn off: so recently my external hard drive is not being recognized on my xbox despite the fan spinning and it clearly being on my laptop can recognize it but not enough to reset the drive. Ill know there...
  8. XBOX ONE wont completely turn off, started with an error.

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX ONE wont completely turn off, started with an error.: I woke up this morning to my xbox bringing up an error code (E100) with the options to troubleshoot or restart the xbox. I restarted it and even turned it off and turned it on but it wouldn't sign...
  9. Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?: I went to turn my xbox on and it does the chime of it turning on and the white xbox light comes. Seconds after though it just shuts itself off and doesn’t come on at all. My power brick turns...
  10. My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off.: my Xbox one s will turn on for about 45 seconds, then turn off. however, it wont even connect to the tv, it wont receive the signal. we’ve tried pretty much everything. we’ve moved it to a...