Xbox One X wont sync to controller since new update

Discus and support Xbox One X wont sync to controller since new update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The July update was installed on my console last night while I was offline and this morning after rebooting the console the controller no longer syncs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kaveman1420, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Kaveman1420
    Kaveman1420 Guest

The July update was installed on my console last night while I was offline and this morning after rebooting the console the controller no longer syncs with the xbox one x. The sync button on the xbox one x is also not responsive to initiate syncing. The
    only way I can use the controller is plugging it in the usb.

:)

Kaveman1420, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Sukimoon18 Win User

This does not work as in order to update the controller it need to be connected to the xbox. I thought it was my controller and i got a whole new one to experience the same issue..Even when i have it plugged in it is still not syncing and the sync button
    on my xbox one x is not working at all.
  3. Kaveman1420 Win User

Just did a console reset but it didnt work. Then did a hard reboot again and while the xbox was in the green load screen I was able to sync the controllers. However, the sync button on my xbox is still not responsive. Is there anyway to check if the button
    has a loose cable or something?
  4. Kaveman1420 Win User

Hi Javier, I walked through this but this doesnt help. Pressing the sync button on the xbox one x is not doing anything. Its a console issue not a controller issue.
  5. Nohra369 Win User

Hey Mate, I have had this happen to me before. I plugged the controller into the console via cable and it connects after you unplug. Also try updating the controller as well. May be a problem with software update
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Just did a console reset but it didnt work. Then did a hard reboot again and while the xbox was in the green load screen I was able to sync the controllers. However, the sync button on my xbox is still not responsive. Is there anyway to check if
    the button has a loose cable or something?
    There is a new Controller firmware update that may assist you with this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X wont sync to controller since new update - Similar Threads - wont sync controller

2. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  3. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.: I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting...
  4. Xbox Series X wont sync games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wont sync games: Hello, i need help, i cant sync games if i switch location of my xbox :p connected to the same wifi.. when i move it from my desk to the TV it wont sync any game just error "There is a temporary...
  5. Why wont my minecraft purchases sync with my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my minecraft purchases sync with my microsoft account: I've been trying to connect my microsoft acount to my switch to save my purchases on minecraft but my purchases won't transfer over any help solving this issue would be nice...
  6. Xbox controller wont sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont sync: Although my controller has new batteries, it still will not connect to my xbox. It tries connecting to it but shuts off and vibrates twice. Sometimes this makes the xbox turn off unexpectedly...
  7. xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything: if i hit the sync button while the controller is off, nothing happens. when i turn on the controller, it turns on my xbox. when i hit or hold or the sync button after the controller is on,...
  8. My minecraft worlds wont sync to the Cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft worlds wont sync to the Cloud: Recently i logged onto minecraft abd found that any world more than a few MB didn't sync. Every time ive tried opening it says "syncing user data" for a few minutes before saying "could not sync...
  9. Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired: Sync button has been broke for unknown amount of time, buy new controller as old one broke, go to connect new controller, bought off amazon from XBOX, sync button doesnt work. Tried using usb...
  10. xbox one aeries x controller wont sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one aeries x controller wont sync to console: ever since i had an xbox console update earlier today my controller will not connect. i tried power cycling the controller and the xbox. ive tried batteries too. any help?...