Xbox one x wont connect to xfinity hotspot

Discus and support Xbox one x wont connect to xfinity hotspot in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Iam using my moms xfinity account to have wifi at my house, and for some reason it stopped working inside my house but when i leave it works on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xGACx FaDed, Oct 1, 2019.

1. xGACx FaDed
    xGACx FaDed Guest

Iam using my moms xfinity account to have wifi at my house, and for some reason it stopped working inside my house but when i leave it works on my phone no problem.but at home it stopped connecting to dhcp servers on xbox one x i cant find the issue anywere...(the
    account is in service)

:)

xGACx FaDed, Oct 1, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello xGACx FaDed,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I know that the console does have issues connecting to devices that have low bandwidth. Most providers' hotspots will have a certain amount of high speed data available. After the high speed data has been used,
    the provider will give you access to lower speeds. It is a process known as throttling. This lets you keep using the hotspot even though the high speed data is consumed. If your hotspot is being throttled, it may cause an issue with the console connecting
    to the hotspot despite the console having been connected to it before. We recommend reaching out to Xfinity to inquire about that. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello xGACx FaDed,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your hotspot is not able to connect to your Xbox One X. We have a support article on our website regarding the

DHCP error message
    that you mentioned. Keep in mind that most of the solutions are geared towards a router or gateway. There may be some solutions that do not apply to a hotspot since they require you to log in to router settings. We recommend trying out
    some of the solutions in the article, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. skylaar Win User

I know a few have commented already but just something to keep in mind is my kids were having to disable the Instant On settings for Xbox so it would do a full boot each time they were using a hot spot. With the instant on setting it was not refreshing
    the network information like it does with a full start.
  5. xGACx FaDed Win User

Yea since its the xfinity wifi thats everywere i have no access to a router this has happened a few months ago but after a few days it started working i just dont understand why i only have this problem inside my house if i walk down the street it connects
    to my phone perfectly but then i come in my house it cant find an ip address.

I guess this is more of an xfinity problem i was just hoping to come across people with the same problem its a little rediculous
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there,

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. Xbox one x wont connect to xfinity hotspot - Similar Threads - wont connect xfinity

2. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  3. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  4. MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!: Hello. Recently, I got new Xbox series S about 2 to 3 months ago. It worked fine up until two days ago. I was getting ready to play some games with my friends when I accidentally touched the cord...
  5. Controller - console wont connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - console wont connect!: Hello from a super noob! A friend recently lent me his xbox one original (the one that has the bluetooth thing on the bottom next to a usb slot) without the controller (he lost it, hasnt used for...
  6. Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to my 2.4ghz network. I noticed on my Nintendo Switch the Security is WPA2-PSK (AES). I've looked it up and apparently you can't have that specific one....
  7. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  8. Xbox backwards compatibility wont connect me online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox backwards compatibility wont connect me online: For a good long while now, I can not connect my xbox profile to the internet through the backwards compatibility. I have done what the microsoft rep has said to do in one of these situations where...
  9. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  10. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...