Xbox One X with blank screen on start up

Discus and support Xbox One X with blank screen on start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 3 days ago after absolutely no issues, my son started up his xbox one and got a blank screen. We changed out the HDMI cable but nothing happened. We... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sandii77, May 27, 2024.

1. Sandii77
    Sandii77 Guest

3 days ago after absolutely no issues, my son started up his xbox one and got a blank screen. We changed out the HDMI cable but nothing happened. We tried all 3 HDMI ports on the tv.

We then moved his xbox to the main tv and it was fine. Went and brought him another tv (second hand but newer than his one) and got the same blank screen. Tried our PS5 on his tv and works fine.

Tried a power cycle. Tried to launch it in low resolution mode. Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks

:)

Sandii77, May 27, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Sandii77! Thank you for your reply.

• Just for confirmation, is this exactly how you performed the low-resolution mode boot-up sequence?

- If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - While the console is off, press and hold the power button and the EJECT button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Do not let go until the second beep occurs.

• Would you mind giving this a try?

- Switch the override from "Auto-detect" to "HDMI"
    - Go back to the previous screen and select a resolution the new TV supports.
    - Switch the console to the new TV, and check if it comes up on the screen.

Alternatively, try booting your console to low-resolution mode while plugged into the main TV, and then switch it to the new TV.

Please let me know if that makes any difference, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Sandii77 Win User

Hi AJ,

Thanks for the response. See details below:

- To clarify, when you say booting the console in low-resolution mode didn't work, do you mean the console wouldn't boot in low-resolution mode or that it wouldn't display on the TV regardless of being in low-resolution mode?

Both

- Could you plug the console into the main TV, go to Settings > General > TV & Display options > Video fidelity & Overscan, and let me know what "Overrides" is set to? Auto-detect

- Besides the TV, are there any other devices plugged into your console? No

- Are you using an HDMI hub/splitter with your console? No

Thanks
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Sandii77! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- To clarify, when you say booting the console in low-resolution mode didn't work, do you mean the console wouldn't boot in low-resolution mode or that it wouldn't display on the TV regardless of being in low-resolution mode?

- Could you plug the console into the main TV, go to Settings > General > TV & Display options > Video fidelity & Overscan, and let me know what "Overrides" is set to?

- Besides the TV, are there any other devices plugged into your console?

- Are you using an HDMI hub/splitter with your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. M1s1kGrimReaper Win User

Xbox one x won't display on tv

Hello Mark,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the lack of a visual from the Xbox One X console.

We do recommend following our troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on
    support article for direct assistance with this issue directly.

Try following this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
    The troubleshooting where you have to hold down the eject button and the power button doesn't work on my 1x, I only hear one beep and not even a beep at the start. I am still having an issue where my One X displays a blank screen on start up and still have
    a blank screen.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Meu Xbox One X não liga mais[My Xbox One X won't turn on anymore]

Hello LeonardoBastos1,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with starting up your Xbox One X after minimal use. Please describe what happens when you try to start your Xbox One X including details on any error messages or codes that may appear when
    starting. Please check out the following page for troubleshooting steps:
    Troubleshooting a Blank Screen - Xbox One

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox One X with blank screen on start up - Similar Threads - blank screen start

2. When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...: When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me back to the home page. 9d38fbc0-3c5c-4827-86a5-368a1972e146
  3. Xbox one S blank screen on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S blank screen on start up: My Xbox crashed in the middle of a game and I had to reset it. Now when I try to turn it on the display just stays blank. I have tried following troubleshooting guidelines in the forums (checked...
  4. Blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen after start up: After trying to turn on my xbox, all i'm getting is a blank grey screen, it changes to a darker grey when i try and get up the dashboard. I have tried power cycling the console and the same thing...
  5. Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

in XboX Insiders
    Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.: I've had a few occasions since the latest patch, powering the system on only shows the Hi Notification but the screen remains blank/black. No controller inputs seem to work besides one that I'll...
  6. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  7. Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!: Have deleted games - plenty of storage. Very annoying, my little boy had to wait for 24 hours for it to download and is disappointed yet again. Help ! 99d25fb4-e146-4d53-9fd0-f21f3468ed0f
  8. Blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen after start up: I turned on my Xbox but instead of showing me the home screen it just gave me a black screen that kept flickering with the Xbox store icon. I pressed the home button and an error message appeared...
  9. I keep getting a blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting a blank screen after start up: My Xbox starts up as normal but after the green logo screen it just goes blank and the only thing I can pull up is the turn console off menu nothing else will appear. Need some help...
  10. Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console: I was visiting a friends this weekend a brought my Xbox One with me. Upon returning home, and reconnecting it to my usual TV, my TV is displaying a "No Signal" message on my usual HDMI input. I...